Applications are now invited for the Inspector of Mines (Occupational Hygiene) vacancy at Department of Mineral Resources. Anyone with an appropriate certificate on Mine Environmental Control is encouraged to submit their application. Apply before November 2, 2018!
Table of Contents
Please include the reference number of this post (DMR/18/0055) within the application form. The suitable incumbent will be stationed in the Northern Cape Region, specifically Kimberley. This job offers an attractive level 11 salary amounting to R 697 011 which also includes an all-inclusive package. To be entitled to this Inspector of Mines (Occupational Hygiene) vacancy at Department of Mineral Resources, candidates must be in possession of a Grade 12 certificate accompanied by an appropriate certificate on Mine Environmental Control. This qualification must be coupled with relevant working experience as well as a valid driver’s license too.
The hiring department is looking for someone who has knowledge of the following:
- Mine Health and Safety Act
- Regulations & Legal Hazard Identification
- Risk Management Public Service Staff Code
Required Skills and Competencies
- Risk assessment techniques
- High level management ability
- Conflict resolutions, organising, planning and negotiation skills
- Computer literacy
- Ability to communicate in writing and verbally in such a way that the professionalism and image of the department is enhanced
- Creative thinking
Once you are qualified for the job, you will be involved in, but not limited to the following key performance areas:
- Adhere to and enforce the Mine Health and Safety Act, 1996 (Act No. 29 of 1996)
- Conduct statistical analysis and inspections on various mines based on the performance
- Analyse occupational Hygiene Reports, provide appropriate instructions and write report for remedial actions to be implemented
- Render investigation on mine related accident, complaints and contraventions
- Analyse mine accidents and trends in order to decide high risk mines and take proper action
- Render surface, underground and shaft audits as well as inspections on occupational hygiene matters at mines, then provide verbal or written instructions
- Render consultation, investigation and make recommendation to other departments on closure certificates, mining rights, prospecting rights and permits
- Compile reports by giving relevant inputs to Head of branch in terms of hygiene in the area inclusive of the status of the Mines
Coloured as well as Indians are welcome and encouraged to apply. Please submit your application by hand delivering it to: Trevenna Campus, corner Mentjies and Francis Baard Street, former Schoeman
Or, via post to: The Director-General, Department of Mineral Resources, Private Bag X59, Arcadia, 0007
Your application must include:
- Z83 application form which must be completed accurately in full and legibly. It must be dated and signed as well.
- A resume
- Original certified copies of ID, qualifications and driver’s license. Certification must not be older than three months.
Submit before November 2, 2018 or else your application will not be regarded by the hiring department during the selection process.
Note that the appointment regarding the Inspector of Mines (Occupational Hygiene) vacancy at Department of Mineral Resources will be subject to a pre-medical evaluation of fitness.
If you have any questions, please forward them to: Mr TM Mateta (053 807 1735