Applications are now invited for the Handyman vacancy at Department of Agriculture. This job position is available for the farm services (Outeniekwa). The hiring Department of Agriculture is one within the Western Cape Government. Anyone with an ABET qualification is welcome to apply!
Table of Contents
Please include the reference number of this post within your application form, AGR 2018-75. The future qualified candidate will receive a level three salary which is worth R 115 437 per annum. The hiring department is looking for candidates who have at least a level 4 of ABET qualification along with at least 6 months of appropriate experience. Furthermore, it is also expected that all applicants be in possession of a valid code B driving license.
The employing department also emphasises Trade qualification or certificate as a strong recommendation.
Required competencies and skills
To be fully eligible for the position, applicants are expected to have the following inherent skills and competency requirements needed for the job:
- Sufficient knowledge of general farm work or activities
- Knowledge of general farm infrastructure development as well as maintenance activities
- Good verbal as well as written communication skills in at least two of the three official languages governing the Western Cape
Once you are qualified for the Handyman vacancy at Department of Agriculture, you will be involved in but not limited to the following key performance areas:
- Be responsible for infrastructure development
- Be responsible for general farm activities and work
- Be responsible for infrastructure maintenance
- Be responsible for assisting with research projects
How to Apply
Should you be interested in applying for this job, please submit your application by attaching the following important documents:
- A Z83 application form. The form must be filled in full and signed. You must also indicate the reference number of this post on this form.
- A CV
- Certified copy of ID, qualifications, driver’s license and other relevant certificates
Please hand deliver your application to: : Affirmative Portfolios, Unit 14, 1st floor, 3 Canal Edge, Tyger Waterfront, Carl Cronje Drive, Bellville, 7530
Or, submit it via post to: PO 5496, Tyger Valley Centre Parking Area, Bellville, 7536.
Note that, hand delivery is only available and will only be accepted during office hours from 08:00 am until 17:00 from Monday to Friday.
Application deadline for the Handyman vacancy at Department of Agriculture is on January 28, 2019.
Applicants will then be required to complete a practical exercise as part of the interview selection process along with a medical fitness test as prescribed by the Construction Regulation as stated in the OHS Act 85/1993.
Candidates from relevant local communities will be given preference. Applications submitted after the closing date or via email or fax will not be taken into account. It should also be noted that the selection process for this position will rely on the EE targets of the Department of Agriculture.
Therefore, it is your responsibility as an applicant to ensure timely submission.
In case you need further information regarding this position, please feel free to contact: Mr H Gerber at (044) 803 3727