Sometimes people feel underrated that they have no tertiary education background to apply for a position in a department. However, if you are interested in being a general worker, you may apply in these Department of Water and Sanitation vacancies. Are you the right candidates they are looking for? Find out more information and check whether you are suitable for the position or not.
Table of Contents
Position: General Worker
Recruiter: Department of Water and Sanitation (DWS)
Location: Breede/ Gouritz
Salary: R102 534 per annum (level 2)
Reference number: 090721/14
Specifically, these will be the duties that a general worker will be responsible for, as follows.
- Repairing tools and structures such as buildings, benches, and also fences by using hand and power tools
- Site preparing including site demolition and clearing of structures and buildings
- Excavating by using spades and picks
- Assembling the reinforcement and shuttering correctly
- Constructing and maintaining buildings by painting, hanging doors, and tiling
- Removing all construction material from site once the overall construction is completed
- Cleaning site from all rubbish during and after the project
- Lubricating all machinery as required
- Inspecting vehicles and machinery
- Cleaning equipment, storage space, and also work area
In addition, to be able to fit into the position, all applicants must have these following requirements, as follows.
- Having an ABET certificate is a must
- Having the minimum of one to two years of working experience or knowledge of general work in the civil construction environment is non-negotiable
- The applicants must have knowledge of general work in handling equipment, working on various general work, chemical use and product knowledge, and also daily maintenance procedures for efficient machine
- The applicants also have to comprehend the basic knowledge in supporting water utilization and government legislation
- Having communication skills and ability to work in a team is compulsory
- The applicants must be punctual, loyal, and also productive
- Being able to work around rivers, canals, and dams is necessary
- Also, the applicants must be able to work away from the office for long periods
In fact, for applying to Department of Water and Sanitation vacancies, some compulsory documents are also essential for all applicants to provide during their applications.
- The newly implemented Z83 form
- A comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Copies of qualifications
- An identity document
Further, these documents must be submitted in the format of PDF in an email with the clear reference number. The applicants can send their documents to [email protected] for attention Ms. B Gqokoma.
After two months after the due date and you have not heard anything from the recruiter, you can conclude that your application was not successful. Please note that late and incomplete documents will cause your applications to get automatic dismissal. Besides, the recruiter has the full right to appoint or not appoint anyone based on the procedures.
Moreover, had you any enquiries related to Department of Water and Sanitation vacancies, Mr. L Janse van Rensburg will be available to help you during the working horus at 082 809 2035.
Finally, the closing date of Department of Water and Sanitation vacancies will be on 9 July 2021.