Having no experience might be underestimated by some people especially when they are about to find a new job. However, the Department of Water and Sanitation in South Africa brings you good news since they are offering some general worker vacancies to apply. There will be around 50 posts to fill.
Moreover, it does not matter when you do not have enough qualifications or experience as long as you are hard-working, tenacious, and eager to learn. Hence, find out more information related to the recruitment down below.
Table of Contents
Position: General Workers
Recruiter: Department of Water and Sanitation
Hartbeespoort Area Office:
Tzaneen Area Office:
Glen Alphine Dam
Civil Major Maintenance
Salary: R102 534 per annum (level 02)
Reference number: 100521/18
In addition, there are some duties and responsibilities for all the general workers who wish to work in this field, as follows.
- Loading and off loading of tools, materials and equipment on faily basis
- Assisting with the cleaning and repairing the water supply or distribution systems such as drains, canals, pipelines, dams, and also structures during dry periods
- Providing aid with cutting and remocing grass, trees, and brushes from all servitude’s
- Assisting with the fencing reparations as well as installation of new fencing when necessary
- Assisting with the mixing of concrete
- Operating brush cutter and slasher as required
- Helping with the construction of concrete canals as well as placing of concrete for building and structures
- Maintaining and taking care of machinery, equipment, tools, and also goods
- Assisting with painting of equipment, cleaning and repairing mechanical equipment, and construction of steel structures
- Assisting with the cleaning and repairing the electrical equipment which may entail the holes and trenches digging
Further, to be eligible for the position of general workers, all applicants must have satisfied with these following requirements.
- Having an ABET certificate is compulsory
- Having the minimum of one to two years of working experience as a general worker will be an advantage
- The applicants must have appropriate knowledge in general work in handling equipment and appliances, working on various general work, and also pruning and trimming processes
- The applicants must possess the basic knowledge of chemical use or chemical product knowledge and daily maintenance procedures
- Being able to work under supervision and in a team is a must
- The applicants must be productive, punctual, and also loyal
- The applicants must have good communication skills
- Understanding the basic knowledge of using bush cutter, chain blocks, overhead cranes, and submersible pumps
Furthermore, it is also essential for all applicants to complete these following documents as part of the requirement.
- A newly implemented Z83 form
- A comprehensive CV
- Copies of qualifications and identity document
What’s more, please remember to mention the subject title and the reference number. Meanwhile, for applying they can send their documents to these following addresses.
|Hartbeespoort Area Office||[email protected]|
|Tzaneen Area Office||[email protected]|
Moreover, when you still have some queries about general worker vacancies for Hartbeespoort, please contact Mr. JJ Pretorius at (087) 943 3719. Meanwhile, for the area office of Tzaneen, please contact Mr. KS Thantsha at (015) 307 8600.
The closing date of these general worker vacancies will be on 10 May 2021.