Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
The Department of Justice and Constitutional Development is now hiring for the Court Interpreter position. The vacant position is situated at Kwamhlanga Magristrate Office. No fancy university degree is a mandatory requirement. If you think you have the right qualifications for the position, then you should apply because the Court Interpreter vacancy at Kwamhlanga Magistrate Office could be the stepping stone to bigger things in your career!
Please include the reference number of this post within your application form, 2019/01/MP. The successful incumbent will receive salary ranging from R 163 563 to R 192 666. The qualified candidate will also be required to sign a performance agreement. The minimum educational requirement in order to be eligible is Grade 12 certificate. No previous working experience is compulsory but having three months of practical experience will surely be an added advantage. The Court Interpreter vacancy at Kwamhlanga Magistrate Office also requires all applicants to possess proficiency in one or more indigenous languages as well as English. Having a valid driver’s license would be an advantage as well.
Language requirements: isiNdebele; isiZulu; Sepedi.
Required competencies and skills:
- Good communication skills
- Listening skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Computer literacy
- Time management
- Analytical thinking
- Problem solving
- Organising and planning
- Ability to work under pressure
Key performance areas:
- Be responsible for interpreting in Criminal Court, Labour Court quasi, Civil Court 0 judicial proceedings
- Be responsible for interpreting during consultation
- Be responsible for translating legal documents as well as exhibits
- Be responsible for recording cases in criminal record book
- Be responsible for drawing case records on request of the Prosecutors and Magistrate
- Be responsible for keeping court records up to date
- Be responsible for performing any other duty that may be assigned to in terms of rationalisation of functions by the office
Application must be submitted by attaching the following documents:
- Z83 application form
- A CV
- Original certified copy of ID, qualifications and driver’s license
- A SAQA evaluation result should you possess any foreign qualification
- If you have dual citizenship or a foreigner, please attach the police clearance certificate
Submit via post to: The Regional Head, Department of Justice & Constitutional Development, Private Bag X11249, Nelspruit 1200
Or, you can also hand deliver your application at: 24 Brown Street, Nedbank Centre, 4th floor Nelspruit 1200
Please apply no later than February 11, 2019 or else your application will not be accepted. People with disabilities will receive reasonable accommodation including where driver’s license is a requirement. This post will limit correspondence to shortlisted candidates only. Therefore, if you haven’t yet received any feedback in three months after this advertisement, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
The employing department reserves the full right not to fill this position if deemed necessary. People with disabilities as well as women are strongly encouraged to apply and will receive preference according to the EE Equity target.
Should you need further information regarding the Court Interpreter vacancy at Kwamhlanga Magistrate Office, please feel free to consult: Ms L Mashaba ( 013 753 9300 Ext.300