Applications are now invited for the Court Interpreter vacancy at Atamelang Magistrate Court. The Department of Justice and Constitutional Development is accepting submissions from any individual with at least a Grade 12 certificate with relevant experience. If this job interests you, apply today!
Please quote the reference number of this advert (18/VA08/NW) on the application form which is attainable from any Public Service Departments. The Court Interpreter vacancy at Atamelang Magistrate Court offers an attractive salary amounting from R 163 563 up to R 192 666 every year. Furthermore, the suitable applicant will also be needed to sign a performance agreement. A senior certificate or equal qualification is needed to be the minimum eligibility requirement. Furthermore, candidates are expected to have at least 3 months of working experience in the relevant field. This previous experience is not mandatory but it will surely serve as an added advantage. All candidates will be subjected to a language assessment.
The following list language proficiency will also serve as a further advantage
- IsiXhosa or IsiZulu
Additionally, it would be beneficial if you also have the ability to interpret in foreign and/or sign language.
Competencies and Skills
- Good verbal and written communication ability
- Computer literacy (MS Office)
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good interpersonal relations
- Ability to solve problems
- Ability to conduct filling and documents management
- Customer service
The future qualified applicant will be involved in the following KPA:
- Conduct various administrative duties relevant to the core activities of the department in the following sessions
- Interpret in civil court, criminal court, quasi proceedings and labour court
- Translate exhibits and legal documents
- Interpret during consultations
- Record cases in criminal record book
- Handle arrangements for foreign language interpreters in accordance with the prosecutors
- Draw case records as stipulated by the magistrate prosecutors
How to Submit an Application
Interested candidates must submit their applications by attaching the following documents:
- Z83 application form, on which the reference number must be quoted
- A detailed CV
- Original certified copies of relevant qualifications as well as ID document
- Original certified copy of a driver’s license if applicable
- A SAQA evaluation report (for applicants who have foreign qualifications)
Please submit your application to:
The Regional Head, Private Bag X2033, Mmabatho, 2735 (via post)
22 Molopo Road, Ayob Gardens, and Mafikeng (via delivery)
All previous contract workers as well as Casual Interpreters of the Department of Justice and Constitutional Development are eligible to submit an application for this vacancy. Female applicants and persons with disabilities are welcomed to apply as well.
The closing date is on October 12, 2018. No late or incomplete application will be considered. If your application does not comply with the aforementioned requirements then it will not be regarded.
If you have not heard from the hiring department within 3 months after the official deadline has passed, please accept the fact that your application have been unsuccessful.
If you need more information on Court Interpreter vacancy at Atamelang Magistrate Court, please consult: Ms. L Shoai at (018) 397 7054