Founded in 1966, Columbus Stainless has become the sole producer of stainless steel in Africa. No wonder, it has transformed into the major supply of stainless steel in Africa and other countries. However, as time goes by, it has produced not only stainless steel but also other products which the engineering students of Columbus Stainless Bursary will focus on.
Moreover, these products include Cold Rolled Sheet, Hot Rolled Black Coil, Hot Rolled Plate, Slit Coil, Cod Rolled Coil, and many more. Actually, what are the benefits of taking part in the bursary by Columbus Stainless?
Briefly, for the students who are applying for the bursary, they will get the financial assistance to cover their study costs. Besides, they will get the in-house training program after the graduation in order to increase the knowledge. It is highly hoped that this bursary could bring up the potential and skillful youth to develop and reach the success.
In the following information, you can check everything related to the bursary including the requirements and application. Good luck!
Table of Contents
Job Title: Columbus Stainless Bursaries
Recruiter: Columbus Stainless
Location: Middleburg, Mpumalanga, South Africa
Field: Bachelor of Engineering Physical Metallurgy, Bachelor of Science Material Science, and Chemical Engineering
Reference number: Bursar
Salary: Market related
Type of work: Contract 12 months
Following these requirements is an obligatory since they will be the considerations for the company to choose you to be a part of them.
- Having the citizenship of South African
- Having the Matric certificate is a must
- The applicants must have studied or currently studying towards the qualifications of one of the field of study
- All applicants must have completed their third year and started their fourth year of study in 2021 in related field
- The applicants must be currently studying at a tertiary institution within South Africa
- Achieving the minimum overall average of 60% for the previous year of study is necessary
These following documents are compulsory for the applicants to submit during the application processes, as follows.
- Certified copy of Identity Documents
- Certified copy of Matric certificate
- A comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Copies of full tertiary academic records on institutes letterhead
- Proof of tertiary registration for 2021 on institutes letterhead
The applicants can do the applications online through this link. Similarly, it had better have the account for the company in order to be able to apply.
Incomplete documents will make the whole applications get disqualification. Therefore, you should make sure that all documents are complete. After two weeks of the due date and the company has not informed you with anything, you can consider that your application was unsuccessful.
Should you have any queries related to Columbus Stainless bursary programme, you can contact the Head Office through the telephone number at 013 247 9111. Make sure you contact them during the working hours.
The closing date of this bursary will be on 15 February 2021. Applications which are accepted after the due date will be automatically disqualified. Therefore, all applicants must apply before the due date.