AVI has been giving its contribution in providing work opportunities for all South African. Previously, AVI had also offered similar apprenticeship and internship programme. Currently, AVI apprenticeship programme is back available in the duration of 36 months. Therefore, when you have specific passion or interests in the field of engineering, this apprenticeship programme might be the best option to go for.
Moreover, in the following there will be a lot of details that all applicants can consider before applying. Please do apply only when you have met all the requirements in the following.
Job Title: AVI apprenticeship programme
Recruiter: AVI Ltd.
Location: Durban, KwaZulu-Natal
Type of work: 36 months contract
Specifically, engaging yourself in AVI apprenticeship programme requires you to have these following duties in the duration of your working programme, as follows.
- Following all the employer’s lawful instructions immediately
- Obeying all the workplace health and safety including dress and equipment and code of conduct of workplace rules
- Attending work, performing duties, and making reasonable progress for achieving competencies negotiated in the training plan
- Undertaking and attending training or assessment in relation to the training plan
- Paying tuition and student fees for the training organization
- Keeping the training record in the possession and producing it to the employer and/or training organization
- Maintaining professional behavior
- Acknowledging that the workplace instructions and other materials which come into the apprentice or trainee possession
- Also, understanding that all information obtained from the employer
In addition, there are some requirements that all applicants must be in possession in order to be eligible for the AVI apprenticeship programme.
- Having Matric qualification is non-negotiable
- The applicants must have completed and passed FET college in the minimum of N2 in these following related Engineering Trades: Mechanical – Fitter, Electrical, Instrumentation, and Millwright
- The applicants must be willing to work in shifts, enter into a three-year contract, and also participate in optional learning programmes
- Being available immediately is a must
- The applicants must be able to find facts, apply logic, adopt conceptual approach, build relationship with others, and also produce high-quality work
- Being able to deal with pressure and remain calm is obligatory
- The applicants must be confident and articulate when communicating
- Also, the applicants must be reliable and complete work within the deadlines
Accordingly, it is incomplete for all applicants to apply for the apprenticeship programme until they complete these mandatory documents, as follows.
- Copies of qualifications
- An identity document
- A comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV)
Consequently, in order to apply for the apprenticeship, all applicants can go through this link. First of all, you need to register yourself. By making an account you can apply for the apprenticeship. However, you also need to complete the personal information and the working experience that you have.
Please note that the recruiter is not accepting any late and incomplete application. As a matter of fact, you have to recheck everything before submitting the application.
Moreover, for further information about AVI apprenticeship programme, you can refer to www.avi.co.za.
Finally, the closing date of AVI apprenticeship programme will be on 12 September 2021.