Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
What do you think about Anglo American learnership and a chance to learn the mining industry? If you have the passion and interest in mining industry, then joining this learnership will give you a good start to learn more about it and to have a direct (and accessible) practical experience. So, what to know more about the program?
About the Program
Anglo American is basically an international company that focuses in mining sector. Their work is to make use of the latest and newest features and technologies to seek new potential and resources as well as building the mines. Their work includes mining the site, processing the outcome, and then transporting and selling the products to the global markets – reaching out their global customers. They mine and then produce copper, iron ore, coal, manganese, nickel, platinum, and even diamonds.
The company holds a learnership program to students who want to get practical training and experience and also qualifications. They are generally offering different programs in different sectors, such as Plater, Fitter, Diesel Mechanic, Instrumentation Mechanic, and Electrician. Of course, the programs aren’t only limited to these fields (they are only examples) and there may be more, depending on the offered subjects.
If you are interested in taking part in Anglo American learnership program, here are some basic and general requirements that you need to consider.
- The candidates must be the citizen of South Africa
- They must have completed Matric
- They have the knowledge of Regulations, Standards, and Safety Systems
- They must be innovative and creative
- They should have enough drive to be ambitious and motivated
- They must have flawless safety record and also excellent regard for safety
- They must have the special K53 provincial driver license
- If they have the knowledge in Mining sector, it would be a plus
- They should have the ability to identify and know faults independently
- They must be able to work in shifts and under stressful condition
- They must be willing to work overtime, on standby, or on callouts when required
- They must get fitness certificate
- All candidates must be willing and be prepared to go through psychometric assessment
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for the Anglo American learnership program, be sure to understand the process completely. Any mistake will lead to your application being rejected or not considered. First of all, understand that the application generally takes place online. You can access the website at http://jobopportunities.angloamerican.com/cw/en/listing. Here are the general stages:
- Find the keyword search box and then type in the word learnership. Perform the search to find the most recent openings and availability.
- Browse among the available positions. Choose the one that piques your interest and then click the button ‘Apply Now’
- Afterwards, you will be asked to enter your personal details, qualifications, employment history, study, contact information, and also the email address
- To finalize the step, you will be asked to upload the extra documentation along with your online application. That’s why it is advisable that you have scanned all the important documents and have them ready.
The supporting documentation includes:
- A full and complete CV
- A certified copy of Matric certificate
- A certified copy of South African document identity
- Certified copies of relevant documents, certificates, licenses, or qualifications
- Authorized K009 form of Kumba employees
There is no specific information about the opening and closing date so you should have a regular check. If you want to ask them about the application, you can go to this link. If you have questions about the requirements or the date of Anglo American learnership program, contact them at this link.