Abaqulusi municipality is a local municipality located in the province of KwaZulu-Natal in South Africa. This municipality supports the growth of their youths to receive the same employment, opportunities and experiences. Therefore, they offer more and more positions for youths who need more qualifications. This following information consists of Abaqulusi municipality vacancies which might help you figure out what you need to know.
Table of Contents
Position: Fire fighter and traffic officer
Recruiter: Abaqulusi Municipality
Fire fighter: R161 966.28 – R210 255.84 per annum plus normal fringe benefits
Traffic officer: R205 328.40 – R266 521.20 per annum plus normal fringe benefits
Type of work: Permanent
- Attending training and specific preparatory activities
- Performing some general activities
- Following instructions and performing physical exercises in simulated situations
- Removing the tools from debris and washing off by using cleaning systems based on standard and procedures
- Checking procedural applications and putting them in demarcated locations
- Taking part in fire preventions and some safety applications
- Attending fire fighting procedures and emergency application procedures
- Completing procedural forms or documents including inserting information based on incidents
- Comprehending instructions and doing the execution of applications
- Taking specific activities during emergencies and disasters
- Coordinating specific activities including traffic flow controlling and road safety controlling
- Observing streets and suburban areas and patrolling
- Completing specific reports, registers, and statutory documentations
- Enforcing specific by regulations under the law
- Issuing of warnings, fines, and executing for serious offences
- Monitoring local areas and attending specific security operations
- Updating the occurrence books by giving all details of activities attended and incidents occurred
- Executing specific emergency and rescuing support during disasters
- Assisting the update of summonses on Natis Systems and/or Traffman
- Grade 12/ NQF level 4
- Having a valid code C1 Driver’s license is a must
- Having the minimum of one year working experience as a fire fighter is essential
- The applicants must have completed the mandatory courses based on Department for Fire Fighter
- Grade 12/ NQF level 4
- Having the Traffic Officers Diploma in accredited Traffic Training College is preferable
- The applicant must have registered themselves as a traffic officer
- Computer literacy especially basic Microsoft Office is a must
- Having at least two to three years of working experience in relevant field is preferable
- The applicant must have Peace Officer Certificate
- Having a valid code of EC Driver’s License is essential
- The applicant must not have criminal records
- People with disabilities are encouraged in applying the job
For the prospective applicants, they should not miss these following documents while applying for the job.
- A comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- A complete cover letter
- Certified copies of qualifications
- Copies of academic records
These documents need sending to the Municipal Manager: AbaQulusi Municipality P.O Box 57 Vryheid 3100. Remember not to send the applications through fax or email.
For the lucky and successful candidates, they will further go through a practical competency evaluations. Moreover, there will be background checks and reference checks as well. When you have not got any information or call related to Abaqulusi Municipality vacancies, you can consider your application unsuccessful.
For further enquiries related to Abaqulusi Municipality vacancies, you may contact the Human Resources Section on 034-9822133 ext 2334 &2337.
The latest acceptance of your application’s submission should be before 19 November 2020. Late submission will not accept any consideration from the company.