Western Cape Government through their Department of Health is offering a vacant position of Senior Administrative Supply Chain Management that will focus on Bid and Procurement Administration. The potential and promising candidates are expected to meet all the requirements so they can join the main team that will be responsible for the administrative arrangement. The position may not be easy or effortless, but the admission board is looking for those who are up for challenges and they aren’t afraid of obstacles.
Table of Contents
About the Position
As a part of the government’s body, they must follow the basic principles of Employment Equity. It means that they welcome, even encourage, disabled candidates to apply. As mentioned by the Reference Number of RXH4/2020, this permanent position will take place at Red Cross War Memorial Childrens Hospital in Rondebosch. Candidates are offered a salary of R316 791 to R373 167 per year, including service benefits that may cover, medical and housing aid allowance, pension fund, and also 13th check.
There are several basic requirements for this Senior Administrative Supply Chain Management position:
- The candidates must be the citizens of South Africa – proven by the legal and valid ID document
- They must not have any criminal record or any pending charges
- They must have a 3-year National Degree or Diploma within the related field
- They must have the past management and supervisory experience in Supply Chain Management field
- A past supervisory experience within services and goods procurement, contract management, or bids management of hospital environment will be advantageous
- They must have a valid driver’s license of Code EB or Code B
- They must be able to speak at least two official languages in Western Cape, such as Xhosa, Afrikaans, and English
There are some extra requirements that candidates must meet, including:
- Impressive written and verbal communication skills
- Extensive knowledge and practical skills within Syspro and Logis Integrated Procurement Solutions
- Knowledge of 16B and Accounting Officer System
- Good organizational skills
- Computer skills and literacy in Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Good leadership and managerial skills
How to Apply
Be advised that applications will take place online. That’s why candidates are expected to visit this link in order to complete the application form.
Candidates will have to go through competency test that includes security clearance, previous employment record and history, criminal record check, and qualification verification.
They must also be willing to attend the interview session within the date and time determined by the department. Moreover, they will have to bring along certified copies of driver’s license, South African ID document, proof of registration within a relevant statutory body, and certified copies of qualification or diploma. Be advised that failure to meet these requirements will lead to their application being ignored and disqualified.
The deadline is on March the 6th 2020 at 12 AM at noon. Any late submission will not be considered and it is automatically rejected. Candidates who want to learn about the details more, related to the Senior Administrative Supply Chain Management position, can always contact Mr. S Ntsonkotha at (021) 658 5893