Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Those who want to continue their study to a higher degree, especially in Finance and Accounting, can always think about taking part in Stanlib Bursary program. This is a program offering financial assistance to the potential and promising students from unfortunate background and communities so that they can reach their dream and have a better career (and also better future).
About the Program
Stanlib is a South African company specializing in asset management. It is located in Johannesburg that has operated in 8 countries in Africa as well as the global platform. Stanlib was created when Merchant Bank and Standard Corporate was doing a merger with Liberty Asset Management in 2002. It is now the biggest unit trust company with capital management of 500,000 clients.
The company is creating and offering Stanlib Bursary program that is designed for students. They are offered for the potential and promising students on the yearly basis, usually covering the fields of Economy, Investment Management, Accounting, Finance, and Actuarial Sciences.
There are several requirements that must be met by candidates of Stanlib Bursary:
- The candidates must be the citizens of South Africa which would be proven by the valid and legal ID document
- They must complete Matric
- They must have strong academic record and excellent performance
- They must achieve at least the average overall 70% in all the subjects and courses
- They must study Mathematics – and not Mathematical Literacy
- They must study to get an undergraduate degree (first, second, or third year) qualification or Honours (Postgraduate) qualification
- They must study within one of the agreed or appointed fields
- They must come from previously disadvantaged background or community
How to Apply
Interested candidates must first the application form and complete it. When they submit the application form, they must include the supporting documents. Be advised that the documents must be complete; otherwise, the application would be disregard and rejected.
The supporting documents to accompany the application form are:
· Guardians or parents latest payslip
· A certified copy of ID document
· Certified copies of guardians or parents ID documents
· A certified copy of Matric certificate
· A certified copy of full academic transcripts for the university student
· If the legal parents are deceased, a certified copy of the death certificate must be included
Candidates can submit their application through these ways:
· By email. They send the application to [email protected]
· By fax. They send the application to 086 277 501 or 011 448 6666
· By hand delivery. They can send it to: Stanlib, 17 Melrose Boulevard, Melrose Arch 2196
· By post. They can send it to: P.O. Box 202, Melrose Arch 2076
The bursary is generally available on a yearly basis. The opening and closing date is unclear but the general deadline usually takes place by the end of October. But it’s better for you to check the official website so you can be sure about its confirmation.
If you want to learn more about this Stanlib Bursary program, you can contact them at [email protected] or to Johannesburg Head Office at phone call 011 448 6000.