The South African Society of Crop Production is proud to offer financial support in the form of bursary for South African citizens or permanent residents. Whether you wish to undertake a postgraduate or undergraduate program, you can apply for this program. Applications for the South African Society of Crop Production bursary 2019 are invited until March 15, 2019!
The South African Society of Crop Production, often shortened as SASCP, was formed in 1971 in Pretoria. It was established by 5 founding members – E Strydom; SA Hulme; DF Retief; PC Nel and PJ Mohr. It is a science-based company that is now a leading corporation in the field of crop science, whose goal is to encourage training, research and technology transfer.
The company shows great commitment to encouraging the public understanding of environmental management, soil management and crop management in order to benefit its society as well as make sure there will be long term sustainability. A lot of the company’s members are greatly involved in research of maize, oil, protein seed and small grains.
This year, the South African Society of Crop Production bursary 2019 invite applicants from South Africa to apply should they struggle to fulfil financial obligations to pursue tertiary studies.
Up to two bursaries are awarded this year, up to the value of R 10 000 each. These funds are allowed to use towards tuition costs.
Both undergraduate and postgraduate applicants are welcome to apply if they wish to study within the Corp Production field (Agronomy or Crop Science), at any recognised South African University.
Before submitting an application, make sure you are fully eligible for the award by meeting all of the minimum requirements below:
- Must be a South African citizen or a permanent resident
- Must have finished matric
- Must be studying as a full time student towards a postgraduate or undergraduate degree in a program relevant to Crop Production (Agronomy or Crop Science)
- Must be studying a recognised South African University
- Must have achieved at least average of 60% in the previous university academic year
How to Apply
To apply for the South African Society of Crop Production bursary 2019, you must do it online on the company’s site.
Please submit clear copies of the following supporting materials as well during your application:
- Certified copies of ID document or a residence permit
- A motivation letter outlining the reason why you deserve this award
- Last year’s tertiary academic record
- A reference letter from a study leader or Faculty Dean
- Proof of tertiary registration for 2018 academic year
Your supporting materials must be directed via email to: [email protected]
Please use the following subject line: SASCP Bursary Application – your full name
Applications for this call will be accepted until March 15, 2019. All submissions received after this date will not be taken into consideration. Therefore, please ensure you apply on time.
For more information related to this call, please contact: Dr Maryke Craven (secretary)
Tel: 018 299 6346
Fax: 086 684 2292
E-mail: [email protected]