Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Investec and the Department of Basic Education are proud to announce the new South African Mathematics and Science Teacher Intern Program 2019. Teachers who are prospective Further Education and Training (FET) and Senior teachers are eligible to apply, especially if they wish to specialise in the fields of Sciences and Maths. Read on to find out how to submit an application.
ISASA is the biggest, most inclusive and oldest non-profit organisation independent (private) schools association in South Africa. It represents a range of religious affiliations, educational levels, cultural and socio-economic communities. As of now, it serves more than 800 schools all over South Africa; Zambia; Botswana; Namibia; Swaziland; Lesotho; Mozambique and Angola. The South African Mathematics and Science Teacher Intern Program 2019 intends to get to the root cause of skills shortage in South Africa, which is a lack of quality science and maths teachers. This call focuses on quality education which will be provided by ISASA member schools by improving the number of school-leavers from disadvantaged communities to pass the maths subject.
The intern program will be in the form of a bursary award and qualified candidates will provide financial support for either one of the following UNISA degree qualifications:
- One year postgraduate (PGCE) qualification
- Four year Bachelor of Education qualification
The program will also cover the following costs: UNISA tuition fees, small stipend, prescribed textbooks along with an allowance for accommodation and transport.
Over and above the program, successful applicants will also be provided with the following exciting opportunities: training at ISASA member schools, provided with learning as well as teaching technology and resources, academic enrichment program and mentorship from qualified school teachers.
All candidates are required to read the FAQs prior to applying.
Before submitting an application, please make sure that you fulfil all of the following minimum requirements so as to make sure your application will be considered.
- Must be a South African citizen between the ages of 18 and 26 years of age
- Must have finished matric with a bachelor pass
- Must be studying towards one of the above mentioned education qualifications through UNISA
- Must have achieved at least result of 60% for Science, English and Maths (Physical Science or Life Science)
- Graduate students: must have majors in Maths and/or Science
- Current tertiary students: must have credits for Science and Maths (Physical Science or Life Science)
Should you be interested in applying for the South African Mathematics and Science Teacher Intern Program 2019, then please head over to this page to apply online.
Don’t forget to have these documents at the ready during the application for you may be required to submit them:
- Certified copy of ID document, matric certificate and latest tertiary record (for those currently at tertiary level)
- A motivation letter
Please make sure to apply no later than May 15, 2019. All submissions received after this date will not be regarded.
For more queries, please refer to:
Contact Person: Slindile Shelembe
Tel: 011 648 1331
Email: [email protected]