Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Applications are now invited for the Senior State Accountant vacancy at Department of Defence. The vacant position is available within the Finance Management Division for the Budget Management Chief Directorate (SA Army Budget Management Office). Please include the reference number of this post, CFO 10/1/2, within your application form if interested.
The successful candidate will receive a level 8 salary that amounts to R 299 709 per annum. The qualified incumbent will be positioned in Pretoria. In order to be eligible for the position, all interested applicants are required to have at least a Grade 12 certificate that can be accompanied by either one of these qualifications:
- A three year Degree or National Diploma with Accounting or Finance related subjects plus a minimum of three years of budget experience, or
- A minimum of 7 years of budget experience without a degree/national diploma
All candidates are required to have at least three years of practical experience in a supervisory capacity.
The Senior State Accountant vacancy at Department of Defence requires all applicants to have the following skills and competencies:
- Knowledge of FMS or BAS
- Knowledge of IC and other financial system
- Ability to draft complex reports or programs in this regard would be a recommendation
- Computer literacy
- Thorough knowledge of budgeting, estimating and expenditure control process in the DOD or Public Service as well as relevant transactions on BAS/FMS or any financial system
- Strong mathematical skills
- Problem solving and statistical analysing skills
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interpret and analyse policies, regulations and instruction
- Receptive to work-related ideas and suggestions
- Persevering or decisive task finalisation and sound judgemental ability
- Work as a team ability
Should you have a valid RSA or Military driver’s license then it would serve as an added advantage.
- Assist with the formulation of internal controls, assure and monitor compliance with control functions as contained in Treasury Instruction, Finance Regulations and Manual for Finance Planning as well as Budgeting Systems in the Public Service and PFMA
- Assist with expenditure and budgeting control as performed at level two
- Prepare budgeting and expenditure control documentation
- Be responsible for provision of performance management reporting for the client through the development of IC reports as well as graphic presentations and keeping a database
- Prepare monthly EWR’s
- Execute in year-budget control on expenditure
- Help with the FA process
- Help with the management of reallocation of funds requested to SA Army
- Take part in ECC meetings
- Take part in budgeting processes as well as revision of budget appropriation to level four Budget Holders and oversee execution thereof
- Help with handling Audit Queries for potential
How to Apply
To apply for the Senior State Accountant vacancy at Department of Defence, please submit the following documents within your application:
- Z83 application form
- Certified copies of ID document, qualifications and a valid driver’s license if any
- A CV
Submit no later than February 22, 2019 via post to: Financial Management Division, DFSS, Career Management Section, Private Bag X 137, Pretoria, 0001
Or, hand deliver it to: Department of Defence, Poynton building, 195 Bosman Street, Pretoria where it must be placed in wooden post box 5 at Reception.