Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Are you a Black female South African citizen who wish to pursue your tertiary studies? Then you now have the opportunity to apply for the SEDISA Trust bursary program 2019. This award scheme is offered each year by SEDISA in order to support outstanding black female students in South Africa to grow their full potentials. If you think you are eligible, scroll down to find out more.
SEDISA, which is a Black Woman Owned Education Trust is a shareholder of KAEFER Thermal Contracting Services (Pty) Ltd, founded in 2010. The Trust was established with the intent to empower South African black women, by supporting them to obtain a tertiary education by way of bursary scheme. They help young women with excellent academic records who would have otherwise not been able to study because of lack of financial resources.
The mission of the Trust is to provide qualified students with the opportunity to enhance their lives as well as to instil in them a passion and drive to never give up.
Every year, SEDISA announces bursary program to South Africans who come from financially disadvantaged background. The SEDISA Trust bursary program 2019 is now open for applications for all black female South Africans with strong academic records. Candidates who wish to undertake the following fields of study will be given preference:
- Quantity Surveying
- Industrial Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- (along with related fields of study)
Qualified students will receive coverage for tuition fees, accommodation and textbooks.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted by SEDISA and they will further be required to attend a selection interview with the Trustee members of SEDISA.
If you have yet to receive any notification in two weeks of submission, please take it to mean your application as unsuccessful.
Candidates must fulfil the following minimum entry requirements prior to submitting an application so as to ensure their application will be taken into consideration during the evaluation process.
- Candidates must be South African citizens
- Candidates must be black female students in terms of the BBBEE codes
- Candidates must possess a strong academic record
- Candidates must come from a financially disadvantaged background
- Candidates must be registered to study in one of the aforementioned field of study
How and When to Apply
If you meet the criteria and would like to apply for the SEDISA Trust bursary program 2019, you can do it online here.
Please submit clear copies of the following important materials along with your online application form. If any of these compulsory items are missing then it will definitely lead to you application being disqualified.
- Certified copy of ID
- A CV
- A motivation letter explaining your reason why you deserve this award and how it will make a difference in your life
- A list of study related fees such as tuition fees, accommodation, prescribed books, etc.
- Fee statement from your tertiary institution
- Proof of tertiary registration
- Certified copy of latest academic transcript
- Certified copy of matric certificate
Apply no later than February 15, 2019 or else late application will not be considered.
For more information, please contact via email: [email protected]