Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Candidates who have experience in military or security fields or even policing are now encouraged and welcome to apply for the Security Management Officer (female) vacancy at Department of Military Veterans. The vacant position is available in Pretoria and qualified candidate will be offered a fixed 12 month contract. Apply today if interested!
Please quote the reference number of this post within your application form, DMV06/04/2019. This job offers an attractive level 7 salary which amounts from R 257 508 to R 303 339 annually plus 37% in lieu of benefits. In order to be eligible for the position, all interested applicants must hold at least a Grade 12 certificate along with 2 or 3 years of experience in security or military fields or policing. Alternatively, having at least a Grade C SOB certificate with PSIRA is also acceptable. This should be accompanied by 2 or 3 years of experience as a security officer as well as completed VIP protection training or course, firearm and other weapons management training or course.
When appointed for the Security Management Officer (female) vacancy at Department of Military Veterans, the future qualified incumbent will be involved but not limited to the following job desks:
- Coordinate the provision of surveillance services
- Collaborate with the personnel from the private security in screening as well as determining if service providers and visitors have necessary authorisation to access departmental premises
- Work with security officers from the service provider in authorising and monitoring departure and entrance of visitors and employees
- Circulate among patrons, visitors, and employees to preserve order as well as protect property
- Report and investigate on issues relevant to the breach of security standards or procedures as well as entry of unauthorised persons in the department
- Report and observe suspects to police, or apprehend offenders when needed and detain them until the cops arrive and hand them over
- Collaborate with personnel from the private security to make sure that premises are secured by being patrolled as well as inspected
- Administer the biometric system
- Provide to the director general as well as VIP’s protection or escort and chauffer services
Applications for the Security Management Officer (female) vacancy at Department of Military Veterans must be forwarded no later than April 26, 2019 via post to: Department of Military Veterans, Private Bag X943, Pretoria, 0001
Alternatively, hand delivered applications are also acceptable: Department of Military Veterans corner 328 Festival & Arcadia Streets, Hatfield, Pretoria, 0001.
For attention: The Director: Human Resource Management
Only submissions that include the following documents will be taken into consideration:
- Z83 application form
- A CV
- Original certified copy of ID, qualifications and other relevant certificate
- Non-RSA citizens and permanent residents must attach their permanent residence permit
- A SAQA evaluation report of foreign qualifications if applicable
Shortlisted applicants may be subject to a presentation during the interview panel and take a writing test.
For more information, please don’t hesitate to call: Ms Dineo Masemola / Mr Caiphus Mailula Tel No: (012) 765 9454