South African female students studying at tertiary level can now apply for the South African Women In Science Engineering or SA WISE Angus bursary program 2019. Any female candidates who are pursuing Honours or equivalent in Engineering or Science are eligible to apply. If you need financial assistance to finish school, submit your application today!
SA WISE is an association established with the goal to strengthen the role of women in the science and engineering faculty across the country. This association wishes to pursue the following objectives: addressing and emphasizing problems faced by women in the Engineering and Science fields; drawing attention to female engineers and scientists; providing strong leadership and role models for everyone wanting to enter the fields of science and engineering especially young individuals; campaigning for the progression of women in science and engineering. One way to do that is by inviting applications for SA WISE Angus bursary program 2019. The scholarship is aimed at female students who are in their 4th year of study such as Honours or equivalent and are currently pursuing their studies in the field of science or engineering. Note that this is a partial bursary that will be granted with the value amounting to R 15,000 annually.
Students who have been declared shortlisted will receive proper acknowledgment and if you have not received any notifications by December 20, 2018 at the latest then please regard your application to be unsuccessful.
To be fully eligible for this call, please make sure you meet all the following minimum criteria below prior to applying.
- Must be black female students from Sub-Saharan countries (South African applicants will receive preference)
- Must be an Honour student/in their fourth year of study
- Must be studying in the Engineering or Science sector
- Must have achieved at least 70% in their chosen subjects
Qualified candidates will be required to be a SA WISE member.
How To Submit
Commence your application online here
Please forward clear copies of these important documents via email to this address: [email protected] with this subject: SA WISE Angus Scholarship – your full name
Kindly note that the submission of these materials are mandatory and if there is any missing item then your application will not be taken into consideration.
- Copy of a completed application form
- Certified copy of ID
- All official academic transcripts or full academic records
- A letter of motivation outlining your reason why you want to pursue your chosen degree and why you need this award (approx. 350 words)
- A resume
- Successful candidates will be required to attach a letter of acceptance to commence their studies at the University of Cape Town in 2019
Please apply for the SA WISE Angus bursary program 2019 before November 15, 2018 and no late or incomplete submission will be regarded. Therefore, it is your responsibility to ensure your application includes all the important documents and is submitted in a timeous manner.
Should you need further assistance with the application process, please contact the Association directly via email at this address: [email protected]