Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
South African citizens who lack financial means to pursue their undergraduate degree can now apply for the Rand Water bursary program 2019. This call also targets at those wishing to attend their National Diploma studies. As long as you are no older than 35 years old, you are eligible to apply.
Rand Water is a water utility company in South Africa that supplies Gauteng along with other areas in South Africa with potable water. Established in 1903, Rand Water was previously known as the Rand Water Board and is now the biggest water utility in Africa. This year, the company wishes to help South African students who want to pursue their tertiary qualification in one of the following fields:
- Water Treatment and Supply (BTech/ Advance Diploma: 4th year)
- Chemistry (BSc Hons: 4th year)
- Water and Sanitation (BSc: 3rd or 4th year, BTech/ Advance Diploma: 4th year)
- Water Care (BTech/ Advance Diploma: 4th year)
- Analytical Chemistry (BTech/ BSc: 3rd and 4th year)
- Environmental Management (Water or Environmental rehabilitation) (BSc: 2nd, 3rd and 4th year)
- Civil Engineering (BSC Eng/ BEng: 2nd, 3rd and 4th year)
- Electrical Engineering (Light or Heavy) (BTech (TVET)/ National Diploma: 2nd, 3rd and 4th year or N4 – N6)
- Mechanical Engineering (Boilermakers, Fitter and Turner Welders and Special Fabricators) (Degree/ BEng (TVET)/ National Diploma: 2nd, 3rd and 4th year or N4 – N6)
- Accounting (BCom Degree: 2nd, 3rd and 4th year)
- Internal Audit (BTech/ BCom: 2nd, 3rd year)
- Hotel/ Hospitality Management (National Diploma: 2nd, 3rd year)
- Computer Science (4th Industrial Revolution Tech. Cyber Security, Business Analysis/ System design & Architecture) (MSc/ MCom Honours Degree)
- Econometrics (BCom: 3rd and 4th year)
- Professional Cookery (National Diploma: 2nd and 3rd year)
- Economics and International Trade (BCom: 3rd and 4th year)
- Information Science (BSc IT: 2nd, 3rd and 4th year)
Shortlisted applicants will receive correspondence. If you haven’t yet be contacted in 30 days after the closing date, consider your application as unsuccessful.
- South African citizen under 35 years old
- Completed Matric/equivalent
- Studying as a full time student at a recognised South African tertiary institution (TVET College, University or University of Technology
- Achieved at least 65% for all major subjects
- Result driven and self-motivated
- Not in possession of any other bursary awards or funding
- From a previously disadvantaged background
- Interested in working in the water sector
- Have good verbal and written communication skills
How to Apply
Application for the Rand Water bursary program 2019 must be done online here.
You will have to register for an account first here before logging in.
Please include the following supporting materials within your application:
- Certified copy of ID document, matric certificate, full academic record to date and any other relevant qualification certificates
- A CV
- Proof of residence
Please complete your application before January 25, 2019 in order to be considered. The Rand Water will not accept incomplete or late applications.
In case you have any questions related to this program, please forward your questions via:
- Email: [email protected]
- Tel: 011 682 0911