Gauteng Department of Health has held hands with Pretoria West Hospital to provide job vacancies for all the South African job seekers. These available jobs are mostly related to health, therefore, the applicants must be passionate in working in hospitals. In this following information, you will find all the details about Pretoria West Hospital vacancies as cleaner and laundry workers.
Table of Contents
Position: Cleaner and laundry worker
Recruiter: Gauteng Department of Health
Location: Pretoria West Hospital
Salary: R102 534 – R120 780 per annum (plus benefits)
Laundry worker: PWH/LAU/05/21
In addition, as the main responsibilities of working as cleaner and laundry workers, they will deal with these following duties.
- Rendering a cleaning service in the institution
- Monitoring and recording the cleanliness of both basins and bathroom regularly on checklist
- Collecting water jug from the patients, washing them, and refilling them with clean water and taking back to them
- Cleaning of spills and washing empty boxes from wards
- Cleaning the office, wards, bathrooms, corridors, elevators, and also toilet
- Polishing, dusting, and also waxing the furniture, floors, and doors
- Sweeping, scrubbing, vacuuming, and also shampooing the floors
- Emptying and cleaning the waste bins
- Refilling hand wash, liquid soap, toilet papers, hand towels, and also the refreshers in restrooms
- Cleaning machines and equipment after use
- Requesting cleaning materials
- Cleaning the file holders, hand wash basins, toilets, bathrooms, sluice room, stoop, and lining them
- Labelling soiled linen room
- Damp dusting in the wards, casually department of out patients of hospital beds, lockers, chairs, suctions apparatus, cardiac trolleys, curtain rails, and window seals
Meanwhile, these are the duties of a laundry worker:
- Collecting the dirty linen from a wide range of service points in hospital to the linen room
- Sorting, counting, and labeling of solid linen
- Loading and off-loading the dirty and clean linen from Masakhane truck
- Removing windows and beds curtains for washing and then rehanging
- Loading washing machines including infectious linen and blood linen
- Delivering clean linen from the linen bank to the patient care service points
What’s more, the applicants are obliged to have these following requirements to make them eligible for the position.
- Abet or Grade 10 is the minimum requirement
- Having basic literacy and numeracy skills is a must
- Being able to perform routine and structure task and operate equipment or machine is compulsory
- Having no previous experience is acceptable
- Having good communication and interpersonal skills is essential
- The applicants must be willing to work overtime and in shifts
- The applicants have to be willing to assist in other departments when necessary
Moreover, to be a laundry worker, these are the requirements you should have.
- Having the minimum Abet or Grade 10 is compulsory
- Having no experience is acceptable
- Being able to work independently and under pressure
- Having good communication skills is a must
- Having the willingness to work in a team is essential
- The applicants must have the knowledge of Batho Pele Principles
Furthermore, there are also some necessary documents to complete when you want to do the registration.
- A signed Z83 form in full page
- A recent CV specifying all the qualifications and experiences
- Certified copies of qualifications
- A certified copy of Identity Document
Next, during the application, do not forget to mention the post and also the reference number of the job that you are applying. Moreover, when you failed to submit some of the mentioned documents, your application would be unsuccessful.
For further information related to these Pretoria West Hospital vacancies, you can contact Mr. JN Mamaila at (012) 380 1475.
No applications will be accepted after 26 March 2021.