Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Students who want to continue their study to a higher study can apply for Oasis Bursary to help them deal with the financial hardship. Continuing study to a higher degree can be costly, but with a financial assistance like this bursary, students can focus on their study instead of struggling with their financial hardship.
About the Program
Oasis Group is an international company in fund management, has been around since 1997. They understand the importance of qualified workforce, which unfortunately won’t be enough for the future because potential students are not getting the education they need. That’s one of the reasons why they create this Oasis Bursary program.
The bursary is offered in many fields and each candidate must meet the requirements for that particular field. For instance, candidates in Bachelor of Business Science can get the financial support is they are specializing in Information Systems, Computer Science, Accounting, Finance with Accounting, Organizational Psychology, Analytics, and much more. Candidates must go to the official website to check the complete lists.
The successful candidates must participate in the company’s Vacation Work program. When they have graduated, they are required to work for Oasis. How long does it take? It depends on their funding duration, and also with a year addition. The notification about the application takes place 2 weeks after the deadline. If they don’t get any notification or whatsoever, they should consider their application to fail.
- The candidates must be the citizens of South Africa
- They are currently in Matric or they have completed Matric
- They don’t get any bursary or financial help from other companies or organizations
- They intend or they are studying at one of the reputable and accredited tertiary institution in South Africa
- They intend or they are studying one of the above mentioned fields of study
How to Apply
- Candidates must download the application form from this link. When candidates submit the form, they need to include the supporting documents, such as:
- A certified copy of passport or ID document
- A colored photo in passport size that should be attached to the right side on the first page
- Certified copies of full academic records – from Grade 10 to the present time
- Certified copies of full academic certificates and transcripts, including Honours, Bachelors, Matric, O Level, A Level, Master, PhD, and such thing alike.
- Medical certificates
- An updated CV
- Loan or Bursary agreement
- Preliminary acceptance letter or acceptance letter from the tertiary institution based on the candidates’ selection
- Proof of the (household) monthly income
- Recommendation letter from guardian or parent – this is optional
- Proof of dependents
- Testimonials from Faculty Dean, Lecturer, Principal, or Teacher
- Tax invoice with tertiary institution fees statement
- Monthly budgets consisting of income and expenses
- A 2-minute video
All of these documents must be arranged in order (candidates will see the instruction later on when they access the application form) and then compressed to one file in pdf format. Submit the application to https://wetransfer.com/
Application can also be submitted through hand-delivery to several Oasis offices in Cape Town, Johannesburg, and Durban.
The program is generally offered on a yearly basis although the closing date can be different from one year to another. In general, the deadline falls by the end of September 2020, but candidates are advised to check again – to confirm it. Questions about the Oasis Bursary program can be asked to [email protected].