Students who want to continue their study to a higher level of undergraduate degree can think about taking part in MISA bursary program. There are several different programs for different students. Be sure to know and understand the specific reference number so candidates won’t make any mistake. The bursary is designed to help students from unfortunate family background or community so they can obtain the degree education they want and reach a better future.
About the Bursary Program
MISA bursary is created and provided for students with promising potential and qualifications but coming from economically low families. MISA or Municipal Infrastructure Support Agent is a part of South African’s government that is accountable to Minister of COGTA (Cooperative Governance and Traditional Affairs). One of the main functions and responsibilities of MISA is to contribute to the development, building, and expansion of municipalities’ technical capacity so that they can perform efficient infrastructure delivery, maintenance, operations, and planning.
As a part of government’s development and agency, MISA tries their best for excellence and perfection in developing Built Environment pipeline of professionals within the local government.
That’s why they are inviting applications for potential students and candidates who want to take (the undergraduate) academic studies. They believe that the future lies in the hands of promising and potential youth – and they make sure that those students are getting the (financial) help that they need.
The offered subjects are (along with their reference number):
- Bachelor of Science (MISA 2020 – 13974) Engineering in Civil Engineering
- Bachelor of Science (MISA 2020 – 13979) Engineering in Electrical Engineering
- Bachelor of Construction (MISA 2020 – 99600) Construction Management
- Bachelor of Urban and Regional Planning (MISA 2020 – 91872)
- Bachelor of Science (MISA 2020 – 12083) Environmental Management
In order to qualify for the program, there will be a certain standard measurements. All candidates are expected to meet these requirements:
- The candidates must be the citizens of South Africa
- A letter of admission or acceptance by South African Higher Learning Institution for the academic year of 2020 (proof of acceptance should be submitted)
- They should have Matric certificate or in the process of completing Matric in 2019 period (they should submit the certificate or the mid year result of Grade 12)
- The candidates should come from the family whose annual household income is not more than R120 000 (candidates should submit the proof of income from their family or guardian)
How to Apply
Interested candidates should be downloaded from www.cogta.gov.za or www.misa.gov.za. They can also request the form via this link. Be advised that supporting documents should be submitted to Ms. Thulisile Mosoeu or Ms. Nobuhle Latha at this with the application form, the relevant reference number, and also the study field. The deadline is on October the 4th 2019.
A word of advice: Any missing document will lead to the applications being automatically rejected or not considered. No late application will be considered. Only the successful candidates would be notified and contacted because of the high number of delivered applications.
Questions concerning the program can be addressed to Ms. Thulisile Mosoeu at 012 848 5562 or Ms. Nobuhle Latha at 012 848 5529 for this year’s MISA bursary program.