Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Madibeng Local Municipality is offering various fields and positions, and one of which is for Senior Municipal Manager position. The position is open for the qualified and potential candidates with the qualification and the abilities. The position is crucial and the candidates will have to be resilient and be able to handle the challenges. For this position, the offered remuneration is at least around R1,424,447 up to maximum R1,987,402 an annum.
About the Position
The Senior Municipal Manager program is designed for a 3-year (fixed term) contract – and not more than 2 years after the election period within the municipality’s next council. The offered amount is based on the current salary earnings and competence. The appointed candidate would have to focus on community development services, local economic development, corporate support services, tourism and agriculture, as well as technical and infrastructure services.
The appointed candidate will have to sign the employment contract and also complete the financial interest form disclosure. They must agree to sign on the performance agreement and take part the competency vetting and assessment. The chosen candidate will be placed at Madibeng Local Municipality at 53 Van Velden Street, Brits.
- They must be the citizens of South Africa
- They must not have any criminal record or any pending charges
- They must have a Bachelor Degree in Political Sciences, Law, Engineering, Public Administration, Finance, and Social Sciences.
- They must have a postgraduate qualification within the related fields of public administration
- They must have a valid and legal driver license
- They must be computer literate
- They must have at least 5 years of experience within Senior Manager level and must have the successful record in institutional transformation in private or public sector.
- They should have the advanced understanding and knowledge of relevant legislation and policy
- They must also have the advanced understanding concerning performance management and institutional governance systems, as well as the knowledge of Council operations and power delegation
- They must have a good finance and budget management
- They must have excellent communication and facilitation skills
- They must be able to be strategic and innovative leader
- They must understand risk and audit management functionality and establishment
How to Apply
Candidates need to get the form first from www.madibeng.gov.za for Senior Managers. When they complete it and then submit it, they must accompany it with an updated and comprehensive CV (typewritten), a certified copy of ID document, a certified copy of driver license, and certified copies of certificates and qualifications.
The shortlisted candidates will have to go through reference check, qualification verification, screening or vetting procedures, and employment history. They must also disclose the financial interest and go through competency assessment.
Applications should be sent to The Administrator, Madibeng Local Municipality; Vacancy-Municipal Manager at PO Box 106, Brits 0250. If they want to hand deliver it, they can go to Office of the Administrator 6th Floor, Municipal Offices at 53 Van Velden Street, Brits. Emailed or faxed applications would be immediately disqualified.
The deadline is on April the 3rd 2020 not more than 4 PM. Candidates who have questions about the Senior Municipal Manager program can contact Adv J Motlogelwa at 012 31 9400.