Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Kouga Municipality is opening a vacant position for Chief Financial Officer. They are inviting qualified, skilled, and potential candidates to apply for the position. The position is designed for the professional individual who will be responsible for managing the effective financial management.
This is a permanent employment position where the individual will get different ranges of salary, depending on the qualifications. The salary ranges from R1 026 342 to R 1 207 460 and to R 1 388 579 a year.
Candidates for Chief Financial Officer should have these requirements:
- The must be the citizens of South Africa
- They must not have any criminal record
- They must have their own transportation and also a driver license
- They must have a Bachelor Degree in Finance, Economics, or Accounting (or the relevant qualifications that is registered on National Qualifications Framework level 7 having at least 360 credits
- They must have at least seven years within senior and also middle management level. 2 of those 7 years should be within Senior Management position in local government setting
- They must have Municipal Finance Management certificate or Certificate Program within Municipal Development that goes along the minimum competency level regulations
- They must be willing to complete the competency assessment test as well as undergoing security vetting
- They must be very skilled in operating computer
Candidates are expected to have these extra competencies and qualifications:
- Having the advanced understanding and knowledge of relevant legislation and policy
- Knowing Supply Chain Management
- Having a solid moral competence
- Being able to deal with Project Management as well as People Management
- Being able to develop stakeholder and communication relations
- Having good innovation and analysis
- Providing strategic directions and guidance to the financial budgeting and planning process and making sure that the plan goes along with Treasure regulations, MFMA, and MTEF
- Overseeing, monitoring, and leading the budgeting process by following National Treasury guidelines
- Supporting the Senior Managers as well as Accounting Officer within their functions execution
- Making sure of the efficient financial management service by maintaining and implementing effective procedures, policies, practice, standards, and measure
- Ensuring effective and efficient revenue collection systems consistent with the Municipal Systems Acts, including the effective expenditure management system
- Providing strategic and efficient ICT direction as well as business needs support
How to Apply
Interested candidates must download the application form first, complete it, and then submit it with the important supporting documents. Be advised that they need to provide certified copies and they mustn’t submit any fraudulent documents or qualifications. The application form can be downloaded from the official site at www.kouga.gov.za. The supporting documents include:
- An updated CV
- A valid driving license
- A certified copy of South African ID document
- Certified copies of qualifications
These documents should be converted in a single pdf format document and then be sent to [email protected] addressed to Human Resource Manager. The deadline is on January the 24th 2020 and late submission won’t be considered. Reach out to Mr.D De Jager at 042 2002200 for further detailed information about this Chief Financial Officer position.