Job Posting: Warehouse Stock Packers at Woolworths – Cape Town, Western Cape
Woolworths is a prominent and well-established retail company in South Africa, known for its commitment to delivering quality products and exceptional customer service. With a rich history dating back to its inception in 1931, Woolworths has evolved into a leading player in the retail industry, offering a diverse range of products, including groceries, clothing, beauty products, and more.
Mission and Values: Woolworths is driven by a mission to provide customers with the highest quality products while maintaining a focus on sustainability, ethical business practices, and community engagement. The company is guided by a set of core values, including integrity, accountability, teamwork, and a dedication to continuous improvement.
Industry Presence: As a key player in the retail sector, Woolworths has a strong presence not only in South Africa but also in neighboring countries. The company’s network of stores caters to a wide range of consumer needs, making it a household name and a preferred shopping destination for many.
Product Range: Woolworths is renowned for its commitment to quality, and this is reflected in its diverse product range. From fresh produce and grocery items to clothing, beauty products, and household goods, Woolworths strives to offer a comprehensive selection that meets the varied needs and preferences of its customers.
Sustainability Initiatives: Woolworths places a strong emphasis on sustainability, implementing initiatives to minimize its environmental impact and promote responsible sourcing. This commitment is evident in various aspects of the company’s operations, including packaging, waste reduction, and support for ethical and sustainable farming practices.
Career Development Opportunities: Woolworths is dedicated to nurturing talent and providing employees with opportunities for professional growth. The company recognizes that its success is driven by the dedication and skills of its workforce, and as such, it invests in training programs, mentorship, and development initiatives to empower employees to reach their full potential.
Community Engagement: Beyond its commercial endeavors, Woolworths is actively involved in community engagement and social responsibility initiatives. The company strives to make a positive impact on the communities it serves through charitable contributions, community development projects, and partnerships with local organizations.
Job Opportunities at Woolworths: Woolworths regularly offers a range of job opportunities across various departments, including retail, logistics, and corporate functions. The company is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, fostering an environment where employees can thrive and contribute to the ongoing success of the organization.
Job Positions: Stock Packers (x2)
- Location: Cape Town, Western Cape
- Reference Number: WW-WC-SP-1123
Stock Packers play a crucial role in the supply chain and logistics operations of retail companies, ensuring that products are efficiently and accurately prepared for distribution. Their primary responsibility is to handle the packing and loading of goods within a warehouse, contributing to the seamless flow of inventory from storage to distribution.
- Stock Picking:
- Confirming and picking the correct items and quantities as per the Picker Sheet.
- Delivering items to the loading area according to the specified route on the Picker Sheet.
- Checking pallets for damages and maintaining an organized stock area.
- Ensuring that different types of stock are not arranged on the same pallet.
- Stock Packing and Loading:
- Ensuring that the load weight is evenly spread to ensure the stability of the vehicle.
- Placing and stacking the load in a way that ensures stability during transit, especially for chilled products.
- Adhering to food hygiene standards by not placing products directly on the floor but on pallets.
- Following proper procedures for packing and loading to prevent damage during transportation.
- Reporting and Counting:
- Reporting damages and conducting checks on expiry dates, sell-by dates, and best-before dates.
- Recording out-of-stock items in the Short Register at the Stock Controller.
- Performing daily blind stock counts as per the set schedule to maintain accurate inventory records.
- Trolley Jack Operation:
- Operating the Trolley Jack (if required) in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Ensuring that only authorized staff use the Trolley Jack to maintain safety.
- Clearing the immediate work area of other personnel or bystanders when using the equipment.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Education: High School (matric) is typically required.
- Experience: A minimum of 1 year in picking and packing roles.
Skills and Attributes:
- Attention to detail to ensure accurate picking and packing.
- Physical fitness and the ability to handle manual tasks.
- Familiarity with stock rotation methods.
- Understanding of food hygiene standards, especially for handling chilled products.
- Reporting skills for identifying damages and expired products.
- Experience with Trolley Jack operation (if required).
- Salary: R4,522.05 per month
- Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
- Opportunity for career growth within Woolworths
- Competitive remuneration package
- Full job security with a permanent position
- Education: High School (matric) required
- Experience: Minimum of 1 year in Picking and Packing
Requirements: Interested candidates should possess the following skills and qualifications:
- Proficient in stock picking procedures
- Attention to detail in confirming and picking correct items and quantities
- Ability to deliver items to the loading area efficiently
- Knowledge of proper stock stacking to prevent damages
- Familiarity with stock rotation methods
- Understanding of Food Hygienic Standards for handling chilled products
- Reporting skills for damages, expiry dates, and out-of-stock items
- Experience with Trolley Jack operation (authorized personnel only)
How to Apply: To apply for the Stock Packers position at Woolworths Warehouse in Cape Town, follow these steps:
- Click the “Apply Now” button available on this webpage.
- You will be redirected to the official Woolworths Careers page.
- Navigate to the list of currently available vacancies, and select the Warehouse category.
- Identify the Stock Packers position in Cape Town and download the Warehouse Job Application form.
- Fill in the form and attach certified copies of the required documents.
- Submit the completed form via the official Woolworths Careers page or the provided email address.
Closing Date: The deadline for submitting applications has not informed yet.
Official Contact: For inquiries and additional information, please contact:
- Phone: +27 21 481 7111
- Address: Woolworths Head Office, 93 Longmarket St, Cape Town
- Official Website: https://www.woolworths.co.za/
Woolworths appreciates and thanks all applicants who take the time to apply for this Warehouse position in Cape Town. Only candidates meeting the minimum requirements will be considered for further evaluation. Join Woolworths and be a part of a team that values excellence and fosters professional growth. Apply now for a rewarding career in one of South Africa’s leading retail companies.
To apply for this job please visit careers.woolworths.co.za.