Takealot Vacancies Cape Town
Takealot.com is one of the leading e-commerce companies in Africa, based in Cape Town, South Africa. We are looking for a highly motivated and talented individual to join our team as a Buyer’s Assistant. This position is a great opportunity for a person who is passionate about e-commerce and is looking for a challenging and rewarding career.
As a Buyer’s Assistant, your primary role is to support the division in all administrative functions linked to order processing and buy plans. You will be responsible for auditing the availability, selection, and pricing of market best sellers and new releases on the site. Other key responsibilities include supporting merchandising checks, managing customer queries, and escalating issues as necessary. You will report directly to the Division Manager.
The ideal candidate for this role must be highly organized, have excellent communication skills (both written and spoken), and be able to prioritize tasks effectively. Attention to detail is crucial, and a can-do attitude is a must. The successful candidate must be comfortable with learning and adapting to new systems.
The candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business Science or Commerce, and at least one year of related retail/commerce experience. Competency in MS Office packages, particularly Excel, is required. Retail buying/e-commerce experience is preferred but not an absolute requirement. Existing industry networks are a significant plus.
At Takealot.com, we strive to create an environment that fosters creativity, innovation, and hard work. Our employees are entrepreneurial, dynamic, and customer-centric. We work in teams to create solutions and are always open to direct feedback and new ideas. We are short on ego and high on output, and we seek to employ extraordinary minds who share our vision of becoming the leading e-commerce company in Africa.
The successful candidate must possess the following attributes:
- Respectful but forthright: You should be able to express your opinion in a respectful manner.
- An expert at doing, who can not only design but also execute: You should be able to design solutions and execute them flawlessly.
- Analytical, able to use data to make decisions: You should be able to analyze data and make informed decisions based on that data.
- Competitive, self-directed, and striving to be the BEST: You should be a self-starter who is driven to succeed.
- Passionate about e-commerce and delivering a world-class customer experience: You should be passionate about e-commerce and be dedicated to providing the best possible customer experience.
- Entrepreneurial, thrives under change, and accepts it as a constant, and always looks for solutions to do something better and faster: You should be able to adapt to change quickly and be willing to take risks.
- Business SMART. Able to think about problems from a business perspective using technical and product input: You should be able to think about problems from a business perspective and use technical and product input to find solutions.
- Curious and challenging the status quo: You should be curious and not afraid to challenge the status quo.
- Innovative and enjoys iteration: You should be innovative and enjoy iterating solutions.
- Collaborative: You should be able to work effectively in a team.
- Thinks like an owner of the business: You should be able to think like an owner of the business and take ownership of your work.
- Smart, has integrity, and is hardworking: You should be smart, have integrity, and be willing to work hard.
If you meet the above requirements, you are an extraordinary mind, and we want you to join our team!
How to Apply
If you meet the requirements and think you would be a great fit for the position of Buyer’s Assistant at takealot.com, we encourage you to apply. Please submit a CV and a short cover letter to our HR department via email at [email protected]. In your cover letter, please highlight why you think you would be a great fit for the role and what you can bring to the team. We look forward to hearing from you!
At takealot.com, we value our employees and strive to create a work environment that is not only challenging and fulfilling but also enjoyable. As a Buyer’s Assistant, you will be part of a dynamic team that is dedicated to delivering a world-class customer experience. In addition, we offer the following benefits:
- A market-related, Total Remuneration Package that is flexible according to your needs
- Medical aid and provident fund contributions
- A fun and relaxed work environment
- The opportunity to work with smart, creative, and hard-working people
- Opportunities for career growth and development
If you are a driven, detail-oriented, and organized individual with a passion for e-commerce and customer service, then takealot.com may be the perfect place for you to build your career. As a Buyer’s Assistant, you will have the opportunity to work with a dynamic team of professionals who are dedicated to delivering a world-class customer experience. Apply today and take the first step towards an exciting and rewarding career at takealot.com!
To apply for this job please visit www.takealot.com.