Website Old Mutual South Africa
Recruiter/Employer: Old Mutual South Africa
Old Mutual South Africa is a distinguished financial services provider with a legacy dating back to 1845. Over the years, we have established ourselves as a trusted partner in helping individuals and businesses achieve their financial goals. Our commitment to integrity, innovation, and client-centric solutions has positioned us as a leader in the industry.
At Old Mutual South Africa, our mission is to empower our clients to take control of their financial futures. We aim to provide comprehensive and sustainable financial solutions that meet the diverse needs of our clients, from investment and insurance to retirement planning.
- Integrity: We uphold the highest ethical standards, ensuring transparency and honesty in all our dealings.
- Customer-Centric: Our clients are at the heart of everything we do. We strive to understand their unique needs and provide tailored solutions.
- Innovation: We embrace innovation to stay ahead in a rapidly evolving financial landscape, continuously improving our products and services.
- Collaboration: We foster a culture of teamwork, recognizing that collaboration is essential for achieving shared goals and delivering exceptional results.
- Responsible Citizenship: As a responsible corporate citizen, we are committed to contributing positively to the communities in which we operate.
Old Mutual South Africa offers a comprehensive range of financial services, including:
- Investments: We provide a diverse array of investment options to help individuals and businesses grow their wealth over time.
- Insurance: Our insurance products cover life, health, and general insurance, offering protection and peace of mind to our clients.
- Retirement Planning: With a focus on long-term financial security, we offer retirement planning solutions tailored to individual needs.
- Wealth Management: Our wealth management services cater to high-net-worth individuals, providing personalized strategies for asset growth and preservation.
As part of our commitment to nurturing talent and fostering growth, Old Mutual South Africa offers Tele-Prospector Learnerships. These programs provide individuals with the opportunity to develop essential skills in tele-prospecting, customer engagement, and business administration. Successful candidates undergo comprehensive training and gain hands-on experience in contributing to the success of our financial advisory teams.
Diversity and Inclusion:
Old Mutual South Africa values diversity and inclusion. We believe in creating an inclusive work environment that celebrates differences and promotes equal opportunities for all. Our diverse team brings together unique perspectives, enriching our workplace culture and contributing to our success.
As a socially responsible organization, Old Mutual South Africa is actively involved in community engagement initiatives. We believe in making a positive impact on the communities we serve, whether through financial education programs, environmental sustainability efforts, or philanthropic activities.
Job Positions/Locations/Ref Numbers: Tele-Prospector Learnerships at Old Mutual South Africa
We are currently inviting suitably qualified and motivated individuals to apply for Tele-Prospector Learnerships at Old Mutual South Africa. The positions are available in Cape Town, Western Cape. Please refer to the specific location and reference number below when applying:
- Tele-Prospector Learnership – Cape Town (Ref: OM/TP/CT/2023)
Overview of the Tele-Prospector Profession:
The role of a Tele-Prospetor involves engaging with potential clients or customers over the phone to identify and qualify leads, ultimately contributing to the growth of a business. Tele-prospecting is a vital aspect of sales and marketing, where professionals make outbound calls to generate interest, gather information, and nurture relationships. This profession plays a crucial role in the sales funnel by identifying prospects who have the potential to become customers.
Key Responsibilities of a Tele-Prospector:
- Lead Generation: Tele-prospectors are responsible for identifying potential leads by making outbound calls to individuals or businesses. These leads can be generated through various sources, including marketing campaigns, databases, or targeted lists.
- Qualification: Once a potential lead is identified, tele-prospectors engage in conversations to assess the level of interest and qualification. This involves asking questions to understand the prospect’s needs, challenges, and potential fit with the products or services offered.
- Appointment Setting: Tele-prospectors often play a key role in scheduling appointments or meetings between prospects and sales representatives. This involves coordinating with the sales team to ensure a smooth transition of qualified leads.
- Database Management: Keeping accurate records of interactions, updating customer information, and maintaining a clean and organized database are crucial aspects of the tele-prospector’s role. This ensures that the sales team has up-to-date and relevant information for follow-up activities.
- Scripted Calls: Tele-prospectors typically follow scripts or guidelines provided by the company. These scripts help maintain consistency in communication and ensure that key points are covered during the conversation.
- Collaboration with Sales Teams: Tele-prospectors work closely with sales representatives, providing them with valuable insights and information about qualified leads. Effective communication and collaboration are essential for the successful conversion of leads into customers.
Skills and Qualities of a Successful Tele-Prospector:
- Communication Skills: Excellent verbal communication skills are essential for tele-prospectors. Clear and effective communication helps in building rapport with prospects and conveying information persuasively.
- Resilience: Tele-prospectors often face rejection and objections. The ability to handle rejection positively, learn from each interaction, and persist in the face of challenges is crucial.
- Listening Skills: Understanding the prospect’s needs and concerns requires active listening. Tele-prospectors must be attentive and able to gather relevant information during conversations.
- Tech-Savvy: Proficiency in using calling software, customer relationship management (CRM) systems, and other relevant technologies is important for efficiency and effectiveness in the role.
- Adaptability: Tele-prospectors may need to adapt their approach based on the responses and feedback they receive. Flexibility and the ability to adjust to different situations are valuable traits.
- Team Player: Collaboration with the sales team is key. Tele-prospectors must be team players, sharing insights, and working towards common goals.
Career Growth Opportunities:
Tele-prospecting serves as a valuable entry point for individuals looking to pursue a career in sales and marketing. Successful tele-prospectors often have opportunities for career advancement, including roles in sales, account management, or even leadership positions within the sales and marketing departments. Additionally, the skills developed in tele-prospecting, such as communication and relationship-building, are transferable to various other roles within the business landscape.
Successful candidates selected for the Tele-Prospector Learnership will enjoy a range of benefits, including:
- Comprehensive training program: Learn essential skills and knowledge related to tele-prospecting, financial services, and business administration.
- Stipend: Receive a competitive stipend during the learnership period.
- Career development: Gain exposure to the financial services industry and pave the way for potential future opportunities within Old Mutual.
- Mentorship: Benefit from mentorship programs to enhance your professional growth.
- Networking opportunities: Connect with industry professionals and build a valuable network within the financial services sector.
To be eligible for the Tele-Prospector Learnership, candidates must meet the following minimum qualifications:
- Matric (Passed Maths and English Literacy)
- Must be an unemployed South African Citizen
- Between the ages of 18 – 27 years old
- Residing in the Western Cape
- Clear credit record
- Clear criminal record
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Applicants should possess the following qualifications and skills:
- Bachelors Degree (B) or High School (Grade 12) (Required)
- Comfortable with dealing with rejection and objections
How to Apply:
Interested candidates can apply by using the links provided below for their preferred location:
Please ensure that you submit all required documents and information accurately. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
The closing date for applications is 23 November 2023. Late submissions will not be considered.
For any inquiries or additional information, please contact our Human Resources department:
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: +27 11 123 4567
- Address: Old Mutual South Africa, 123 Finance Street, Cape Town, 8001
Visit our official website for more details: www.oldmutualsa.com
To apply for this job please visit oldmutual.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.