Mediclinic Southern Africa Corporate Office | Stellenbosch | South Africa
Mediclinic Southern Africa is a prominent private healthcare provider committed to delivering high-quality medical services and patient care. With a strong presence in the Southern African region, Mediclinic has established itself as a leader in the healthcare industry, providing a range of medical services across its network of hospitals and clinics.
Mission and Values: At the core of Mediclinic Southern Africa’s mission is a dedication to delivering exceptional healthcare services that prioritize patient well-being. The company is driven by a commitment to clinical excellence, innovation, and compassionate care. Mediclinic values integrity, professionalism, and a patient-centric approach in all aspects of its operations.
Services Offered: Mediclinic Southern Africa offers a comprehensive range of medical services, including but not limited to:
- General and specialized medical and surgical care.
- Maternity and birthing services.
- Emergency and trauma care.
- Diagnostic imaging and laboratory services.
- Rehabilitation services.
- Primary healthcare and wellness programs.
Facilities: The company boasts state-of-the-art facilities equipped with advanced medical technology to ensure the highest standards of patient care. Mediclinic hospitals are staffed by skilled and experienced healthcare professionals, including doctors, nurses, and support staff.
Commitment to Excellence: Mediclinic Southern Africa is committed to maintaining the highest standards of clinical excellence, safety, and quality in healthcare. The organization continuously invests in the latest medical technologies and training for its staff to stay at the forefront of medical advancements.
Employment Equity Plan: Mediclinic Southern Africa emphasizes a commitment to diversity and inclusion, as reflected in its Employment Equity Plan. The company aims to create an inclusive workplace that values and leverages the unique contributions of individuals from diverse backgrounds.
Job Positions/Locations/Ref Numbers
- Position: Creditors Clerk
- Location: Stellenbosch, South Africa
- Reference Number: 45357
- Number of Positions: 1
- Workplace Type: Hybrid
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Closing Date: 23/11/2023
- Recruiter Name: Dalene Marcelline Abrahams
A Creditors Clerk plays a crucial role in the financial operations of an organization by managing the accounts payable function. This profession involves handling the company’s financial obligations to its suppliers and vendors. The primary responsibility of a Creditors Clerk is to ensure that all invoices from suppliers are accurate, processed efficiently, and paid in a timely manner. Here is an overview of the key aspects of the Creditors Clerk profession:
- Accounts Payable Management:
- The core responsibility involves managing the accounts payable ledger.
- Processing and verifying invoices received from suppliers for goods and services.
- Ensuring that all invoices are accurate, properly coded, and authorized for payment.
- Conducting regular reconciliations of supplier statements to ensure that all transactions are accounted for and discrepancies are promptly resolved.
- Addressing any discrepancies between invoices and purchase orders or delivery notes.
- Credit Control:
- Collaborating with internal departments to verify and approve invoices before processing payments.
- Monitoring credit terms and ensuring compliance with agreed-upon payment terms.
- Maintaining accurate and up-to-date records of all financial transactions related to accounts payable.
- Creating and updating supplier accounts in the financial system.
- Interacting with suppliers to address inquiries, resolve discrepancies, and ensure a smooth flow of communication.
- Collaborating with internal stakeholders, such as procurement and receiving departments, to facilitate efficient payment processes.
- Financial Systems and Software:
- Utilizing accounting software, such as SAP, to manage accounts payable functions.
- Generating reports to provide insights into the financial status of accounts payable.
- Ensuring compliance with company policies and procedures as well as relevant financial regulations.
- Staying informed about changes in tax regulations and ensuring that the company adheres to them, especially in areas like VAT invoice regulations.
- Risk Management:
- Identifying and mitigating financial risks associated with accounts payable.
- Implementing internal controls to prevent errors and fraud in the accounts payable process.
- Qualifications and Skills:
- Typically, a Senior Certificate with Accounting as a subject is essential.
- Additional qualifications such as a financial diploma may be desired.
- Proficiency in financial software, particularly SAP, is often preferred.
- Strong reconciliation, auditing, and general financial administration skills are necessary.
- Team Collaboration:
- Collaborating with colleagues in the finance department and other relevant departments to ensure a coordinated approach to financial management.
By joining Mediclinic Southern Africa as a Creditors Clerk, you will have the opportunity to be part of a reputable healthcare organization that prioritizes employee well-being and professional development. We offer competitive remuneration packages, benefits, and a supportive work environment. As a permanent employee, you will have access to medical benefits, pension plans, and opportunities for career advancement within the organization.
To be eligible for this position, candidates must meet the following minimum qualifications:
- Essential: Senior Certificate with Accounting as a subject
- Desired: Financial diploma
- 2 years of experience in creditors reconciliations
- Familiarity with private healthcare environments
- Proficiency in SAP
- Previous experience in a private healthcare environment
- Knowledge of SAP Financial modules
Job Skills and Knowledge
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and knowledge:
- Reconciliation skills
- Auditing experience
- General creditors administration
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- General financial administration (invoices, debit and credit notes, Goods Received Notes (GRN’s), cost allocations)
- Familiarity with SAP Financial modules
- Knowledge of SARS requirements (VAT invoice regulations)
- Computer literacy (MS Office package)
All applicants will be considered, with the understanding that preference will be given in accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of Mediclinic Southern Africa, as well as internal applicants/employees that meet the minimum requirements.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the eligibility criteria are invited to apply for this position. Please ensure that your application includes a detailed resume, a cover letter, and any other relevant supporting documents. If you are an internal employee on a fixed-term contract, please apply using an external candidate profile and not your employee profile.
Applications should be submitted through our online application portal or sent via email to the following address:
Email: [email protected]
Please include the reference number (45357) in the subject line of your email.
The deadline for submitting applications is 23rd November 2023. Late applications will not be considered.
For further information or inquiries, please contact:
Dalene Marcelline Abrahams
Recruiter, Mediclinic Southern Africa
Phone: +27 21 808 9111
Email: [email protected]
Address: Mediclinic Southern Africa Corporate Office, Stellenbosch, South Africa
Official Website: www.mediclinic.co.za
Join Mediclinic Southern Africa and contribute to our mission of providing exceptional healthcare services. We look forward to welcoming qualified and passionate individuals to our team.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com