Website Dis-Chem Pharmacies
Dis-Chem Pharmacies: Store Admin Manager 2023
Dis-Chem Pharmacies is a prominent retail company operating in the pharmaceutical and healthcare sector, providing a comprehensive range of products and services to enhance the well-being of its customers. Established with a commitment to delivering quality healthcare solutions, Dis-Chem has grown to become a trusted brand known for its extensive product offerings, customer-centric approach, and commitment to community well-being.
Mission: The mission of Dis-Chem Pharmacies is to be the first choice for healthcare and beauty needs, offering a diverse range of products and services while maintaining the highest standards of quality and customer satisfaction. The company is dedicated to promoting a healthy lifestyle and making healthcare accessible to all.
Core Values: Dis-Chem Pharmacies operates based on a set of core values that guide its actions and decisions. These values include:
- Customer-Centric Approach: Prioritizing the needs and satisfaction of customers is at the core of Dis-Chem’s business philosophy.
- Integrity: Upholding the highest ethical standards in all business dealings and interactions with customers, suppliers, and employees.
- Innovation: Embracing innovation to stay at the forefront of the healthcare and retail industry, constantly adapting to meet changing customer needs.
- Community Engagement: Actively contributing to the well-being of the communities it serves through various social responsibility initiatives.
Industry Presence: As a key player in the retail industry, Dis-Chem Pharmacies operates across multiple locations, serving diverse communities with a wide array of products ranging from pharmaceuticals and beauty products to general merchandise. The company’s presence is marked by modern and well-equipped stores that provide a one-stop shopping experience for customers.
Employment Equity and Transformation: Dis-Chem Pharmacies is committed to promoting employment equity and transformation within its organization. The company actively implements an Employment Equity Plan and Targets as part of its recruitment process, aligning with Dis-Chem’s broader Employment Equity and Transformation Strategy. This commitment extends to supporting the recruitment of People with Disabilities.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Dis-Chem Pharmacies values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. The company encourages individuals from all backgrounds to apply for employment opportunities within the organization. This commitment to diversity is in line with Dis-Chem’s vision of creating an inclusive and dynamic workplace.
Benefits for Employees: Employees at Dis-Chem Pharmacies enjoy a range of benefits designed to enhance their overall well-being. These benefits may include a market-related salary, medical aid, provident fund, and access to a staff account.
Trainee Admin Manager – Centurion Area
The Store Admin Manager plays a critical role in the efficient functioning of a retail store, overseeing various administrative aspects to ensure smooth operations. This professional is responsible for implementing and maintaining company administration policies and procedures, contributing to the overall profitability of the store. Let’s delve deeper into the key responsibilities and qualifications associated with the Store Admin Manager profession.
- Trading Routine Optimization: The Store Admin Manager collaborates with the Store Manager to optimize the trading routine, ensuring that daily operations run smoothly.
- Goods in Transit Management: They assist in managing goods in transit as per company procedures, overseeing the movement of inventory from suppliers to the store.
- Shrinkage and Expense Management: The Store Admin Manager helps manage branch shrinkage and consumables expenses within store objectives, contributing to cost control.
- Loyalty Programs: They focus on continuously reporting and encouraging new loyalty signups to enhance customer engagement and retention.
- Human Resource Processes: The Store Admin Manager plays a role in managing and facilitating human resource processes, submissions, and documentation for the entire business unit, ensuring compliance with standard operating procedures.
- Workforce Management: They take ownership of the workforce management system (KRONOS) within the business units, contributing to efficient staff scheduling.
- Performance Management: Ensuring the implementation and execution of the company’s performance management systems as directed by company policy.
- Cash Management: Taking control and managing the store’s cash resources and daily takings, ensuring financial accuracy.
- Transaction Integrity: Monitoring, implementing, and evaluating adherence to company internal control procedures to ensure transaction integrity for various functions, including cashier service levels and goods receiving.
- Budget Preparation: Assisting with budget preparation and maintenance within the store to contribute to financial planning.
- Essential Competencies: The Store Admin Manager should have a strong background in store retail admin and management, including skills in receiving, capturing, till operations, cash office, and customer service. They need a strong command of the English language and basic financial skills.
- Advantageous Competencies: Additional advantageous competencies include basic knowledge in areas such as financial/administration/retail/business management, SAP operation for retail systems, basic IR and management training, basic accounting knowledge, and leadership skills.
3. Special Conditions of Employment:
- Willingness to Work Retail Hours: The Store Admin Manager must be willing and able to work retail hours, understanding the demands of the industry.
- Local Traveling: A valid driver’s license and reliable transport are required, indicating potential local traveling responsibilities.
- South African Citizenship: The position is open to South African citizens.
- Clear Credit and Criminal Records: Candidates must have clear credit and criminal records.
4. Remuneration and Benefits:
The Store Admin Manager can expect a market-related salary, medical aid, provident fund, and a staff account as part of the remuneration package.
Successful candidates can expect a market-related salary, medical aid, provident fund, and access to a staff account. The position also provides an opportunity for career growth within a reputable retail organization.
To be considered for this position, candidates must meet the following minimum qualifications:
- Grade 12/Matric
- Minimum of 3 years of retail experience in receiving, front shop operations, customer service, human resource management, and store administration
- Minimum of 2 years of management experience with a staff complement of around 8
- Computer literate – MS Office
- Willing and able to work retail hours
- Valid driver’s license
- Own reliable transport
- Store retail admin and management experience, including receiving, capturing, till operations, cash office, and customer service.
- Strong command of the English language.
- Basic financial skills – GP, markup, VAT, etc.
- Effective interaction with suppliers, management, reps, and staff.
- Strong analytical skills and time management.
- Diploma/Degree in Financial/Administration/Retail/Business Management.
- Working knowledge of SAP for retail operation systems.
- Basic IR and management training.
- Basic accounting knowledge.
- Portrayal of leadership.
Special Conditions of Employment:
- Willing and able to work retail hours.
- Local traveling – valid driver’s license and own reliable transport.
- South African citizen.
- Clear credit and criminal records.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates who meet the eligibility criteria are invited to submit their applications, including a detailed resume and relevant supporting documents, to [email protected]. Please ensure to include the reference number “Store Admin Manager 2023” in the subject line of your email.
The closing date for applications has not been informed yet. Only successful applicants will be contacted. If you haven’t been contacted within two weeks after the closing date, consider your application unsuccessful.
For further inquiries, please contact 0413962600. Visit our official website https://dischem.simplify.hr/ for more information about Dis-Chem Pharmacies and our commitment to diversity, equal opportunity, and transformation.
Dis-Chem Pharmacies is an equal opportunity employer. Dis-Chem’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process aligned with Dis-Chem’s Employment Equity and Transformation Strategy. Dis-Chem actively supports the recruitment of People with Disabilities.
To apply for this job please visit dischem.simplify.hr.