Website Coca-Cola Beverages Africa
Coca-Cola Beverages Africa (CCBA) stands as the largest Coca-Cola bottler in Africa, contributing to 40% of the total Coca-Cola volumes across the continent. With a robust presence in Africa, CCBA boasts a workforce of over 17,000 individuals, catering to a combined population exceeding 300 million people. Our vision at CCBA is to refresh Africa daily, striving to make the continent a better place for all. Rooted in a commitment to shared values and the greater good, we operate as a world-class, customer-centric, socially and environmentally conscious fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) company. Our success is driven by engaged, motivated, and inspired employees who collectively work towards creating a better shared future for our people, customers, consumers, communities, planet, and shareholders.
Coca-Cola Kwanza Ltd, a key player within CCBA, presents an exciting opportunity within the Manufacturing Department. We are currently seeking a skilled and experienced individual to join us as a Syrup Maker. The successful candidate will report directly to the Utilities & Processing Team leader.
Job Positions/Locations/Ref Numbers
Position: Syrup Maker
Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Industry: Manufacturing & Technical
Closing Date: November 29, 2023
The role of a Syrup Maker is a specialized position within the manufacturing industry, particularly in the beverage sector. Syrup Makers are responsible for operating and controlling machines in the syrup making plant to produce high-quality syrups that are used in the production of various beverages. This profession is vital for companies, such as Coca-Cola, that rely on precise formulations to create consistent and flavorful products.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Operational Control: Syrup Makers oversee the operation of machines involved in the syrup production process. This includes monitoring and adjusting settings to ensure the machinery functions efficiently and according to production plans.
- Quality Control: Ensuring the production of high-quality syrups is a primary responsibility. Syrup Makers must adhere to company standards and follow Master Mixing Instructions (MMI) to guarantee that the final product meets quality requirements.
- Clean-in-Place (CIP): Performing Clean-in-Place procedures according to the prescribed CIP matrix and company guidelines is crucial. This helps maintain hygiene standards and prevents cross-contamination.
- Housekeeping: Syrup Makers are responsible for maintaining cleanliness in the process areas. This includes regular cleaning and replenishing activities to uphold Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and create a safe working environment.
- Preparation of Simple Syrup: The preparation of simple syrup, a fundamental ingredient in many beverages, falls within the responsibilities of a Syrup Maker. This task involves following specific recipes and measurements.
- Flow Bin Management: Changing and starting the agitation of flow bins (Intermediate Bulk Containers – IBCs) is part of the role. This ensures the proper handling of ingredients and facilitates the production process.
- Safety Adherence: Following safety rules and guidelines is paramount. Syrup Makers must be vigilant in adhering to safety protocols to prevent accidents and ensure a secure working environment.
- Accurate Reporting: Syrup Makers are responsible for maintaining accurate records related to syrup production. This information may include batch details, machine settings, and any deviations from the standard process.
Skills, Experience & Education:
- Diploma in Chemistry or Food Science & Technology: A foundational education in these fields provides the necessary knowledge for understanding the chemical and technical aspects of syrup production.
- Production Experience: A minimum of 2 years of experience in a Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) environment demonstrates practical knowledge of production processes and equipment.
- Physical Attributes: Good vision, hearing, and sense of smell are essential. Physical strength, stamina, and fitness are also important due to the hands-on nature of the role.
With experience, Syrup Makers may advance to supervisory or managerial roles within the manufacturing department. Continuous learning and staying updated on technological advancements in the field can open up opportunities for further career growth. Additionally, individuals with a passion for research and development may explore roles in formulating new syrup recipes and improving existing ones.
At Coca-Cola Kwanza Ltd, we recognize and reward talent. Joining our team as a Syrup Maker comes with a host of benefits, including competitive compensation, opportunities for professional development, and a chance to be part of a globally renowned brand. We foster a dynamic and inclusive work environment that encourages innovation and creativity. As a Syrup Maker, you will play a pivotal role in the manufacturing process, contributing to the creation of high-quality syrups that refresh millions across Africa daily.
To be considered for the Syrup Maker position, applicants must meet the following minimum qualifications:
- Education: At least a Diploma in Chemistry or Food Science & Technology.
- Experience: A minimum of 2 years of production experience in a Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) environment.
- Physical Attributes: Good vision, hearing, and sense of smell. Physical strength, stamina, and fitness are crucial for the role.
Applicants are required to submit the following documents and meet the specified criteria:
- Educational Qualifications: Provide evidence of a Diploma in Chemistry or Food Science & Technology.
- Work Experience: Submit a resume highlighting a minimum of 2 years of production experience in an FMCG environment.
- Physical Fitness: Demonstrate good vision, hearing, and sense of smell, along with physical strength and stamina.
How to Apply
Applying for the Syrup Maker position at Coca-Cola Kwanza Ltd involves several steps. Follow this step-by-step guide to ensure a smooth and successful application process:
- Review the Job Posting:
- Carefully read through the job posting to understand the job requirements, qualifications, and responsibilities.
- Ensure that you meet the minimum eligibility criteria, including educational qualifications and work experience.
- Prepare Application Materials:
- Update your resume to highlight relevant education, work experience, and skills.
- Gather supporting documents, including a copy of your diploma in Chemistry or Food Science & Technology, and any other certificates relevant to your application.
- Compose a Cover Letter:
- Write a cover letter expressing your interest in the Syrup Maker position.
- Highlight your qualifications, relevant experience, and why you believe you are a suitable candidate for the role.
- Application Submission:
- Follow the instructions provided in the job posting regarding how and where to submit your application.
- Attach your resume, cover letter, and any required documents to your application.
- Submission Deadline:
- Be aware of the closing date mentioned in the job posting.
- Ensure that your application is submitted before the specified deadline to be considered for the position.
- Application Address:
- If the job posting provides a specific email address or physical address for submitting applications, use that information.
- Double-check the accuracy of the submission details to avoid any errors.
- Subject Line (for Email Applications):
- If you are submitting your application via email, use a clear and concise subject line. For example: “Application for Syrup Maker Position – [Your Name].”
- Professional Email Content:
- If applying via email, write a brief and professional email expressing your interest in the position.
- Mention that your resume and cover letter are attached, and briefly restate why you are a strong candidate.
- Wait for Confirmation:
- After submitting your application, wait for a confirmation email or acknowledgment from the hiring team.
- If no confirmation is received within a reasonable timeframe, consider following up to ensure your application was received.
- Prepare for Interviews:
- If shortlisted, be prepared for potential interviews. Research the company, review the job description, and be ready to discuss your qualifications and experiences.
- After the application deadline has passed, and if you haven’t heard back, consider sending a polite follow-up email to inquire about the status of your application.
- Stay Informed:
- Keep an eye on your email for any communication from the hiring team.
- Stay informed about the recruitment process and any additional steps that may be required.
The deadline for submitting applications is November 29, 2023. Late applications will not be considered.
For inquiries and further information, please contact our official website in https://careers.ccbagroup.com/global/en/home.
Join us at Coca-Cola Kwanza Ltd and be a part of a team that is committed to refreshing Africa every day, creating a better shared future for all!
To apply for this job please visit careers.ccbagroup.com.