Website Bakubung Platinum Mine
Bakubung Platinum Mine vacancies
Bakubung Platinum Mine, located in Rustenburg, is a leading mining company that specializes in the extraction and processing of platinum group metals. The mine is committed to providing a safe and productive working environment for its employees and is currently seeking a qualified Safety Officer to join its team. If you have the necessary qualifications and experience and are passionate about working in the mining industry, then this may be the perfect opportunity for you. Read on for more information about the position and how to apply.
Job Title: Safety Officer (Mining)
Job Function: Support
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Bakubung Platinum Mine – Rustenburg
Education and Experience Requirements:
- National Diploma in Safety Management.
- SAMTRAC, ASHTRAC, ITIS (NOSA), Auditing (NOSA), and COMSOC 1&2 are essential.
- 5 years experience as an appointed Safety Officer within the Mining environment.
- Blasting Certificate is essential.
- Audit emergency preparedness
- Conduct Legal Inspections as required by MHSA
- Ensure safety training meets legal requirements
- Ensure appropriate legal advice and documentation are provided as and when required
- Ensure Safety and Risk results meet targets
- Ensure workplace risks and hazards are identified
- Follow-up on closeout on incidents investigations and safety inspections
- Hold meetings with Safety Representatives
- Over-inspect Contractor legal inspections
- Participate in accidents and incidents investigations
- Support safety initiatives/campaigns.
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills in English
- Comprehensive knowledge of legal inspection
- Comprehensive knowledge of auditing, mining, and engineering standards
- Comprehensive knowledge of hazard identification and risk assessment
- Ability to cope with workload even when under pressure
- Interact with employees at all levels
- Ability to lead discussions and meet deadlines
- Work independently
- Knowledge of Microsoft package
To apply for this position, please send your CV with relevant qualification copies to [email protected].
If you do not hear from the Company within a period of 21 days after the closing date of applications, your application shall be deemed to be unsuccessful.
For telephonic inquiries please contact 014 004 1135.
To apply for this job please visit www.wesizwe.co.za.