South African students are now invited to apply for the Impala Platinum / Implats bursary program 2019. This award scheme is aimed at helping high achieving South African citizens who otherwise couldn’t fund their tertiary studies without the bursary. If you do not have any financial means to fund your studies, then this can be your way out!
Implats or Impala Platinum is one of the leading producers of platinum as well as any related platinum group metals (PGMs) such as copper, cobalt and nickel, with operations based in Zimbabwe (Great Dyke) and In SA (Bushveld Complex). The company is now listed on the JSE Limited and has over 53 000 employees and a revenue reaching R 26 121 billion.
The vision of the company is to be the best and largest platinum-producing organisation across the world, and they are keeping true to their objective by producing 22% of the primary platinum supply in the world.
This year, the company is pleased to offer financial means to outstanding students in South Africa who cannot afford to undertake their tertiary studies due to financial situation. The Impala Platinum / Implats bursary program 2019 is now open for applications and is available to pursue the following programs:
- Geology (to Honours level)
- Chemistry (to Honours level)
- Human Resources (BCom to Honours level)
- Accounting (to Honours level)
- Mining Engineering
- Metallurgy Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering (heavy current)
- Chemical Engineering
The award will cover the following expenses: tuition costs, registration fees, accommodation in residence, computer allowance (from 2nd year only) as well as cash allowance.
Qualified students will also be required to participate in vacation work at Impala Platinum which will take place at the end of every year. Students will also be required to work for the company for the whole duration that they have received the bursary.
Shortlisted applicants will be acknowledged and required to attend a selection interview that will take place at the Impala Platinum Rustenburg operation. If you have yet to receive any feedback in 30 days of the application closing date, you may regard your application as unsuccessful.
- Be a South African citizen
- Must have finished matric with University exemption
- Must plan on studying or be studying as a full time student in one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Must have achieved a university exemption with at least 60% (C symbol or level 5) for Matric Maths, English and Science
Students with disabilities are also welcome and encouraged to apply if interested.
Furthermore, all applicants must also possess the following personal criteria:
- Leadership skills
- Decision making and problem solving skills
- Logical thinking
- Ability to use common sense
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
How to Apply
Your application must include:
- An application form
- Certified copy of ID document, matric certificate and full tertiary academic record or proof of results (if currently at tertiary level)
- A CV
- A university certificate of conduct if currently a university student
- A recent b&w photo (head and shoulder)
Applications for the Impala Platinum / Implats bursary program 2019 must be forwarded no later than March 31, 2019 to:
PO Box 5683
Tel: 014 569 0088
Email: [email protected]