Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
If you are a financially struggling student who wants to continue your study to a higher degree of public school teaching, you should probably take part in Funza Lushaka bursary program. If you are involved in this program, you can get the financial help that you need and pursue your dream for a brighter and better future.
About the Bursary
As other educational bursaries, Funza Lushaka is designed to help struggling students deal with the financial issues. There are also some important and crucial things to consider about the program:
- Only South Africa citizens allowed to get the bursary. They should have a valid ID number and they are able to provide it during the application
- Funza Lushaka bursary allocation for a higher education institution employees, their children/dependents, and their spouse isn’t permissible
- The applicants must have already been accepted into a either PGCE or Bed qualification at the accredited public university. They must also meet the selection criteria for the bursary
- Applicants must be aware that they are responsible for the registration fee while waiting for the application outcome. Be advised that paying for the registration fee doesn’t guarantee or mean that they will get the bursary.
- The candidates will be awarded the bursary if two of the (priority) area subjects are written and included as a specialization within the teaching qualification.
- The selection committee will need the time to meet the all the applications and meet the academic year
- The appointed holder isn’t allowed to change their specialization area –which has become the basis of the awarded bursary
- To be considered qualified, the candidates must take up a provincial teaching work. They aren’t allowed to defer this (contractual) obligation to take a gap year or to go further with the full time studies
- The candidates must retain and have a cell phone contact number or an email address for communication purposes – at least for the study duration
- They must demonstrate and perform good academic ability and achievement
- They must show the commitment to the teaching career including the enthusiasm for teaching professional career, interest in working and interacting with young people, and having the willingness to surmount and face difficult personal integrity and challenges
There would be different requirements for different applicants. For instance, there are certain requirements for first time university entrants – which are completely different from the new applicants that are already at the university.
How to Apply
There are some easy steps and stages that candidates must follow if they want to have a successful application:
- They should go to eservices.gov.za to open the e-gov portal
- They should sign up by providing their personal information
- They can log into the site by using the created user name and also password
- When they have come to the e-Services menu, they should choose Funza Lushaka bursary scheme
- They will get OTP within their preferred channel. They need to enter the code
- They need to accept the terms and conditions
- Click on the year of the application button
- Just follow the given steps and directions to complete everything
- Then accept the declaration confirming the information captured
The deadline is generally by the end of the year, but do check to be sure. Interested applicants should go to the official website to check the opening and closing date of when the Funza Lushaka bursary is generally available.