Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
The Fire Fighter learnership is a collaborative program between Fire Training Academy and Fire and Rescue Services. The idea is to provide a chance to qualifying and talented individuals to learn and train to become a professional and skilled fire fighter. Besides getting the knowledge and theoretical skills of the program, candidates will also gain useful working experience and professional conduct when joining this program.
About the Program
The seasonal fire fighter leanership program is basically an uninformed post that requires several certain things from the participants. For a starter, the candidates must be physically fit and healthy with no respiratory abnormalities or cardiac problem. They will have to go through criminal check, medical evaluation, drug test, and fitness examination before the appointment.
There are several basic and general requirements for this program, such as:
- The candidates should be at least 18 years old
- They should have level 3 AET certificate (or Stad 5/Grade 7)
- They must be willing and be interested in completing theoretical and practical firefighting training
- They must be willing to stay or be stationed in (any) fire station in Cape Town City
- They must not have any criminal record
- They must work 40hours in a week and they must be willing to work in shifts
- They must be willing to work overtime or any additional hours on short notice
- They should be able to work in a team
- They should be able to work and use their logic under stressful condition and situation
When sending the application for Fire Fighter learnership program, candidates must include these documents:
- Original ID and its certified copy
- Original educational level proof and its certified copy
They must also have running shoes, PT clothes, and refreshments for that day. They must be ready to the weather condition – any of it.
Be advised that all candidates must pass the Fire and Rescue Service (standard) assessment that consists of the following exercises:
- Reach test up to 1.9 meter
- Sit-ups – 30 times completed within 60 seconds
- Push-ups – 30 times completed within 60 seconds
- Run to 2.4 kilometers – should be completed in 13 minutes for women and 12 minutes for men
- Dead load carry – consisting of 2 x 25 kilograms of drums within 100 meters distance
Besides the physical assessment, candidates must also have the written assessment (and pass it) in comprehension and Mathematics. They should also pass the interview session.
Candidates should realize that the application takes place in different dates and there is a certain mechanism to it. Candidates will be divided by the first letter of their surname. For instance, those with surname starting with A to E should come to old Abbatoir premise at 53 Berkley Rd, Nd-abeni on August the 12th. The gate closes at 8 AM sharp. Those who are coming late won’t be allowed to take part. And then candidates with surname starting with F to K should come to the same address on the next day (August the 13th) and so on. In general, it takes 5 business days for all the candidates to go through the application process.
This is an annual program that generally runs on a yearly basis. Although the closing date generally takes place in August, it doesn’t hurt to have a regular check to the site at this link so you won’t miss this Fire Fighter learnership program.