South African students who need funding to support their tertiary studies can now apply for the FASSET bursary program for South African students 2019. This award scheme is intended to help deserving and high achieving students to study Finance and Accounting related programs. If that sounds like you, then this is definitely your program!
FASSET is short for Finance and Accounting Services Sector Education and Training Authority. Its mission is to improve the amount of employees entering into the accountancy and finance sector; to grow as well as expand the skill set needed in the sector; and to facilitate transformation in the finance and accountancy sector. FASSET falls within one of the SETAs in South Africa. The company is very much needed in order to ensure that employees in its sector have the needed training and education to render their job. It was established in 2000 and is committed to financial, accounting, consulting, management and other financial services.
This year, FASSET is offering bursary awards for qualified students to cover all study related costs. The FASSET bursary program for South African students 2019 will be granted to study all Accounting and Finance related programs.
- Must be a South African citizen
- Must have finished matric
- Must be in the penultimate (second last) or final year of study
- Must be studying in one of the eligible program above at a recognised South African university or university of technology
- Accounting degree students: must have obtained at least level 6 for Maths in matric
- Must meet the minimum entry criteria for the chosen university in the selected field of study
- Must have proven financial need in which family income must be between R 123 000and R 300 000 annually
How and When to Apply
To apply for this program, you can do it via one of the following methods:
- Online (you must register an account first before logging in. the promo code is F2018)
– download and complete an application form
You will also be required to forward the following materials as the supporting documents. Note that, any missing items will definitely result in your submission being disregarded.
- Certified copy of ID document
- A passport size photograph
- Grade 11 final results for current matric students
- Matric certificate if finished matric
- Proof of admission into a tertiary institution
- Full academic record to date for candidates who are current tertiary students
Please forward your application via one of these methods if you apply via the hard copy option:
- Email: [email protected]
Career Wise (Pty) Ltd
PO Box 30632
- Fax: 086 609 7183
There is no specific closing date for this program. Interested applicants are welcome to submit their application any time for the applications are open all year round. Therefore, there is no need to rush anything.
In case you need further information regarding the FASSET bursary program for South African students 2019, you can forward your queries via:
Tel: 086 100 8777 / 086 100 7787
Email: [email protected] / [email protected]