Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Do you wish to pursue your National Diploma or Undergraduate degree? Then consider applying for the Eastern Cape Department of Public Works bursary program 2019. Qualified students will be rewarded with financial support to fulfil financial obligations that come with being a tertiary student. Apply today if interested!
The Eastern Cape Department of Public Works intends to supply high quality infrastructure services to its residents. They also implemented a bursary scheme as a way to promote skill development within the fields of study relevant to Roads and Public Works. This year, the department is proud to offer up to 40 bursaries to deserving students. Candidates must be studying in a field of study which has been recognised as a critical skills area such as Sciences, Engineering and relevant programs.
The Eastern Cape Department of Public Works bursary program 2019 is available for the following study programs:
- Town and Regional Planning (Degree/ National Diploma)
- Building (Degree/ National Diploma)
- Construction Management/ Construction Studies (Degree/ National Diploma)
- Land Surveying (Degree/ National Diploma)
- Architectural Studies (Degree/ National Diploma)
- Real Estate (Degree/ National Diploma)
- Electrical Engineering (Degree/ National Diploma)
- Mechanical Engineering (Degree/ National Diploma)
- Property Management/ Property Studies (Degree/ National Diploma)
- Interior Design (Degree/ National Diploma)
- Civil Engineering (Degree/ National Diploma)
- Quantity Surveying (Degree)
Upon graduation, students will also be required to take up employment for the Eastern Cape Department of Roads and Public Works for an equal period of time as the award granted.
All shortlisted applicants will receive correspondence. If you haven’t yet received notifications from the Department, please take it to mean your application as unsuccessful.
In order to be fully eligible for this call, you must meet all of these minimum requirements below:
- Be a South African no older than 35 years old
- Be a permanent resident in the Eastern Cape province
- From a disadvantaged background
- Must have completed matric
- Possess strong potential or high academic results
- Must be in financial need and not be a current recipient of any other funding
- Must be studying or pan to study in one of the aforementioned fields at a recognised as well as accredited South African University or University of Technology
How to Apply
To apply for the program, please submit the following documents within your application:
- An application form
- Certified copy of matric certificate
- Certified copies of parents/guardians and your ID documents
- Certified copy of latest academic progress report
- Certified copy of last year tertiary results for current university students
- Letter of acceptance from a university
- Certified copy of proof of residence issued by your local authority
- Proof of income of parents/guardians with an affidavit
Application for the Eastern Cape Department of Public Works bursary program 2019 can be submitted via one of the following acceptable methods:
The Bursary Officer
Department of Public Works
Private Bag X 0022
- Hand delivery:
Department of Public Works
Room 2-11 2nd Floor
Apply before January 18, 2019 in order to be considered.
Should you have any queries related to this program, please contact Mrs N. Satyi or Ms Z Mlilo via tel: 040 602 4582 / 040 602 4122