Department of Public Works and Infrastructure (DPWI) calls all the potential South African youths to participate in DPWI vacancies. In order to improve the quality of life of South African, these opportunities are believed to bring good impact for them. Not only they will earn some money but also they will gain practical knowledge which will be beneficial for their future career.
If you are curious to know more about DPWI vacancies, you can check this following information about the two positions.
Table of Contents
Position: SCM clerk and food service
Recruiter: Department of Public Works and Infrastructure
Location: Port Elizabeth Regional Office
SCM Clerk: R173 703 per annum
Food Service: R102 534 per annum
SCM Clerk: 2021/139
Food Service: 2021/140
Generally, all jobs require duties and responsibilities to handle from the first time your work until the day you stop working. Hence, here are the responsibilities when you are going to apply for the position of SCM clerk.
- Inviting some quotations from the suppliers according to the relevant threshold
- Keeping and maintaining supplies database
- Generating orders on Logis
- Administrating supplies transversal contracts
- Administrating department cell phone contracts
- Compiling reports in respect of order transactions
- Liaising with both internal and external clients related to the supplies
- Ensuring the compliance of provisioning policies in respects of goods and services
- Assisting on sport checks of e-class accountable stores
Meanwhile, working as a food service requires you to be able to fulfill these following responsibilities.
- Cleaning kitchens
- Washing the dishes and refilling water bottles with fresh water
- Washing kitchen floors
- Cleaning stoves and kitchen appliances
- Assisting with tea and coffee during some meetings or forums
In addition, there are some requirements for all applicants to have provided when they wish to participate in DPWI vacancies especially in the position of SCM clerk, as follows.
- Having Senior Certificate or Grade 12 with Commercial subjects is obligatory
- The applicants must be computer literate in MS Excel or Words
- The applicants must be a well-organized person and willing to work under pressure
- Having basic knowledge of any Logis or Provisioning System is vital
- The applicants must have a valid driver’s license
Meanwhile, for the position of food service aid, someone must have these following requirements.
- ABET Certificate with relevant working experience related to the post is vital
- Being able to read and write is obligatory
- Having good communication skills and interpersonal skills is compulsory
- The applicants must be able to perform routine tasks
- Having knowledge of cleaning methods, materials, and equipment is essential
- Besides, the applicants must be able to work for long hours
Furthermore, these are some following documents that all applicants must submit during the application processes.
- The new and signed Z83 application form
- A comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Certified copies of qualifications
- A valid driver’s license
These documents can be delivered to The Regional Manager, Department of Public Works, Private Bag X 3913, North End, Port Elizabeth, 6056, for attention: Ms. S Mafanya.
Moreover, for further queries about the position of SCM clerk, you can contact Mr. T. E. Matiso at (041) 408 2007. In contrast, for the position of food service, Mr. Z. Nqana is contactable at (041) 408 2356.
Finally, the closing date of these DPWI vacancies will be on 11 June 2021 at 16H00 South African Standard time.