When you think that working as a clerk can help you in focusing the tasks to do more accurately, these Department of Defence vacancies must be the ones you are looking for. These positions require you to have the ability to handle tasks properly. Besides, these jobs will help you get to know more about the details of the company. You can check this following information for further details.
Table of Contents
Position: Journal and Personnel Clerk
Recruiter: Department of Defence
Location: Joint Operations, SA Special Forces, 5 Special Forces Regiment (Phalaborwa)
Salary: R173 703 per annum
Journal Clerk: JOPS/34/21/09
Personnel Clerk: JOPS/34/21/10
Moreover, working as a journal clerk will require you to deal with these following duties and responsibilities to handle.
- Ensuring that the job cards are completed and the time sheets correspond with the job card
- Feeding the information into the computer network
- Withdrawing the information from the computer network on the monthly basis
- Compiling management information
- Compiling records, planning data, statistics, and technical history of equipment
- Filling and also recording all technical
- Repairing tasks completed on all technical equipment on the history files
However, when you wish to work as the personnel clerk, here are what you will be dealing with for your daily basis.
- Doing the execution and coordination Contract Renewals and Medal Administration
- Enduring that all the CSS contracts are renewed based on Officer Commanding’s guidelines
- Doing the application to all medals
- Ensuring that these medals have been safely kept and they are issued on the Regiment medal parades
- Ensuring the record keeping of applications and the medals issuing
- Assisting the HR manager with other HR related tasks
In addition, before the applicants consider themselves eligible for the available position of journal clerk, they have to fulfill these following requirements.
- Having NQF level 4 or Grade 12 qualifications or equivalent is a must
- Those who have experience in administration of logistics will get preferences
- Having proper knowledge of MS Office is compulsory
- The applicants must be able to communicate effectively in English for both written and verbal
- The applicants must possess the knowledge of all necessary procedures and policies of the company
- Having the skills of analytical, innovative, organizational, and interpersonal is obligatory
- The applicants must be able to do research and analyze documents and situations
- Having high level of reliability is necessary
Furthermore, these requirements are also compulsory for all applicants to have for qualifying themselves for being a personnel clerk.
- NQF level 4 or Grade 12 or equivalent qualifications is the minimum requirement
- Having appropriate experience in HR will be preferable
- Being able to work independently and communicate effectively in both written and verbal English is obligatory
- The applicants must have excellent interpersonal and reliability skills
- Besides, the applicants must be able to act with discretion and tact
- Having familiarity with MS Office is compulsory
Moreover, when you want to apply there are some documents that need completion while applying, as follows.
- Z83 newly form
- A detailed Curriculum Vitae with full information of applicants’ training, competencies, qualifications, knowledge, competencies, experience, and etc
- Certified copies of certification which should not be older than 6 months
- ID Copy
- A valid driver’s license
- SAQA certificate for foreign applicants
- A copy of permanent residence permit
For applying, all applicants can send their documents to Department of Defence, 5 Special Forces Regiment, Private Bag X01029, Phalaborwa, 1390.
Furthermore, when you have some queries related to the Department of Defence vacancies, you can contact Maj C. J. Baloyi at 015 780 4601.
The closing date for these Department of Defence vacancies will be on 3 May 2021.