Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
South African students are now provided an opportunity to apply for the Democratic Nursing Organisation of South Africa bursary 2019. This call is open for all interested candidates who wish to pursue postgraduate studies, bridging or short courses and many others! Apply today if interested!
The Democratic Nursing Organisation of South Africa, also often shortened to DENOSA, is the largest nurses’ trade union in South Africa that was established in 1996. It now has over 84,000 members. DENOSA is a voluntary organisation for South African nursing and midwifery professionals.
This year, the organisation wishes to provide financial support to the South African citizens who wish to pursue the following courses:
- Clinical master’s degree program
- Postgraduate studies at a University or Technikon
- Community health nursing, geriatric nursing and psychiatric nursing
- Community nursing science
- Bridging courses and short courses
The Democratic Nursing Organisation of South Africa bursary 2019 will only cover a small portion of your tertiary expenses, therefore please be aware of the fact that you will still have to fulfil the remaining of your financial obligations on your own.
Qualified applicants will have to reapply each year. The funding itself will be granted based on academic performance. Candidates will receive feedback on whether their application was successful by April 2019.
- South African citizen
- A fully paid-up DENOSA member for at least the last two years and for the upcoming academic year (where the bursary will be granted). Candidates must also remain a fully apid-up DENOSA member for the entire duration of the bursary
- Registered nurse/midwife
- Completed approved post-basic work
- Have registered and accepted to study at a recognised South Africa University/College/Technikon
- Short courses:can motivate how this course will improve their nursing career (if not listed with the SANC) or listed with the South African Nursing Council
- Post-basic undergraduate courses (at Technikon/ University):completed at least of half of the courses
- Bridging courses: finished the first year of study
- Post-basic diploma courses:completed at least half of the courses (for course of more than one year)
Application form for the Democratic Nursing Organisation of South Africa bursary 2019 is available at all DENOSA provincial offices:
- KwaZulu Natal office: 1320 Durdoc Centre, 460 Smith Street, Durban, 4001
- Head Office: 605 Stanza Bopape Street, Pretoria, 0001
- Free State office: 25A Milner Road, Wavelley, Bloemfontein 9301
- Western Cape office: 2 First Avenue, Bellville, 7530
- Gauteng office: 6 Berkswell Street, Gresswold, Johannesburg, 2090
- North West office: 0137 Provident Street, A.N. Lekgetha Building, Mmabatho, 2735
- Limpopo office: 96 Biccard Street, Polokwane, 0700
- Mpumalanga office: 23a Steak Street, Nelspruit, 1200
- Northern Cape office: Permanent Bldg. Cnr. Jones & Du Toitspan ST 2nd floor, Room 204 Kimberly 8301
- Eastern Cape office: 5 Geard Street, North End, Port Elizabeth 6001
Your application must also include these materials:
- Certified copy of ID document
- Proof of tertiary registration
- Proof of paid-up DENOSA membership
- A motivation letter outlining how you plan to help DENOSA upon completion of your studies (one page)
- Full academic record from tertiary institution
- Post-basic undergraduate courses: proof of taken courses on a tertiary letterhead
Please apply before January 31, 2019 at 16:00 in order to be considered. No late nor incomplete submissions will be regarded.
Should you have any queries related to this program, feel free to contact via email to [email protected]