Those who don’t have professional skills and want to start off a career can consider the open vacancy for Cleaner position for different areas. There will be 6 available positions open with the standard average salary of R102 534 an annum. The appointed candidates would be placed in Du Noon CHC (1 person), Vanguard CHC (3 people), Retreat CHC (1 person), and Kensington CDC (1 person). They will have to meet the basic requirements to qualify for the position.
In order to qualify for this Cleaner position, the candidates must meet these general and basic requirements:
- They must be the citizens of South Africa
- They must not have any criminal record or any pending charges
- They must have basic literacy and numeracy skills
- They must have the appropriate cleaning experience within health facility and also hospital environment
Candidates with these extra features will get the benefits:
- They must have the ability to run or operate equipment and machinery
- They must be able to move or lift heavy supplies and equipment
- They must be able to work shifts, during public holidays, or on weekends with night or day duties. They must also be willing to rotate within different departments, depending on the requirements or operational needs
- They must have good communication skills in writing, speaking, and reading within minimum 2 of the 3 official languages in Western Cape
- They must have good interpersonal skills
- They must have the knowledge of the correct and proper mechanism in handling as well as disposing of wasting or refusing products – as well as following the cleaning policy and practice
Responsibilities, Tasks, and Duties
The appointed candidates will be responsible for:
- Dealing with general maintenance and cleaning, such as polishing, mopping, cleaning, dusting, sweeping, etc). They are also responsible for walls, machinery, equipment, and windows
- Managing effective storage and utilization of equipment and cleaning materials, including stock replenishment within departments and stock control
- Following safety precautions and making sure of adherence to the occupational safety and health policies.
- Maintaining and keeping high standard hygiene and neatness within the facility
- Providing optimal support to colleagues and housekeeper
How to Apply
Interested candidates must compose their own application letter with the supporting documents of an updated CV, a certified copy of South African ID document, and certified copies of qualifications, diploma, or certificates.
The application can be sent to The Director of Metro Health Services, Western/Southern sub structure, DP Marais Nurses Home, Corner of White and Main Road, Retreat 7945. Or they can also send their application to P.O.Box 30360 Tokai 7966 to Mr F Le Roux.
Candidates who want to know the details of the job can reach out to:
- Ms T Pethshwa at 021 200 4500 for Du Noon CHC
- Mr B Yako at 021 695 8202 for Vanguard CHC
- Ms C Coetzee at 021 713 9809 for Retreat CHC
- Ms C Priem at 021 593 1150 for Kensington CDC
The deadline is on April the 17th 2020. Any late submission for this Cleaner position will not be considered.