The Department of Health is now accepting applications for the Chief Security Officer vacancy. The qualified candidate will be placed at Medpharm in Bloemfontein. Anyone with a Senior certificate is welcome to apply. Please quote the reference number of this post, H/S/7, within your application form should you be interested in applying for the Chief Security Officer vacancy at Medpharm.
Table of Contents
This position offers an attractive level 7 salary which is worth the value of R242 475 per annum. The hiring institution is looking for anyone with at least a Grade 12 or NQF equivalent qualification. Furthermore, this job also requires registration with PSIRA as Grade B. It is also compulsory that candidates have extensive experience in the security management field and procedures.
The Chief Security Officer vacancy at Medpharm also requires all candidate to fulfil the other requirements as follows:
- A valid EB driver’s license
- Must successfully attain the security clearance conducted by the State Security Agency during the probationary period
- Must be physically fit
- Willingness to be available 24 hours and to work long hours
Inherent skills and competencies:
- Knowledge of the relevant public service regulation framework, security procedures and regulations
- Ability to communicate, read and write in at least two of the three official languages applicable in the Free State
- Ability to write the reports
- Understanding and knowledge of CCTV surveillance and control room practice
- Manage the security services including the CCTV surveillance at the Medical Deport
- Be responsible for authorising leaves
- Be responsible for approving roosters and shift schedules
- Be responsible for monitoring performance of security officials as well as determining the training needs
- Be responsible for allocating duties to the security officials and maintaining discipline
- Be responsible for identifying threats and risks to the security of the Medical Depot
- Be responsible for ensuring effective patrolling of the building, the perimeter and parking areas
- Be responsible for conducting preliminary investigations on all reported incidences of security breaches
- Gather information through interviews and obtain physical evidence
- Liaise constantly with the Security Manager of the Department and the South African Police Service around issues of concern relevant to the security of the Medical Depot
Your application must include:
- Z83 application form
- A CV
- Original certified copies of ID, qualifications and a valid driver’s license
- A SAQA evaluation report of foreign qualifications if any
- A copy of permanent residence permit for non-RSA citizens
Direct your application for the Chief Security Officer vacancy at Medpharm no later than February 25, 2019 via post to: The Chief Executive Officer, Medpharm, P O Box 7622 Bloemfontein, 9300
For attention: Mr T April
Applications that do not comply with the requirements above will not be taken into consideration. Note that, all the certifications must be in the three month timeframe prior to the deadline. All sorts of correspondence will be limited to the shortlisted applicants only. Therefore, if you have yet to receive any notifications in the last 8 weeks after the deadline has passed, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
In case you have any questions, please consult: Mr M M Khasu Tel No: (051) 408 1256, Mr T April Tel No: (051) 411 0546.