The Department of Public Works is now accepting application for the Assistant Administration Officer vacancy. This position requires experience in LOGIS or Movable Asset Management. If you possess such experience and have sufficient relevant knowledge, submit your application for the Assistant Administration Officer vacancy at the Department of Public Works right now!
This position offers salary amounting to R 163 563 per annum. Successful applicant will be stationed at the Head Office of the Department of Public Works which is situated in Pretoria. It is mandatory that all candidates be in possession of at least a Grade 12 certificate or its equivalent to be eligible. Applicants are required to have relevant experience in either LOGIS or Movable Asset Management as well.
- Procurement policies
- Office administration
- Financial systems (LOGIS)
- Reporting procedures
- Asset management framework
- Supply chain management framework
- General office management
- Effective communication
- Ability to work under pressure
- Willing to adapt to work schedule in line with the office requirements
- Computer literacy
- Ability to work abnormal hours
Should you possess a valid driver’s license, it would serve as an added advantage. Kindly note that if you are interested in applying for the Assistant Administration Officer vacancy at the Department of Public Works, mention the reference number of this post, 2018/201.
- Provide admin support in the acquisition management such as verifying of item codes and ICN
- Verify the receipt for quantity, correctness and quality upon delivery
- Follow up on outstanding orders
- Receive assets on LOGIS
- Provide efficient and effective administration duties regarding the Movable Asset Register
- Update inventory control sheet
- Provide facilitation for the physical movements of assets as well as update the systems
- Handle queries and correspondence from asset controllers
- Conduct quarterly spot checks of assets
- Perform annual asset verification
- Investigate shortages and surpluses
- Capture balance adjustments
- Maintain and create custodians of inventory
- Book out and in of assets for repair purposes
- Update the asset register
- Help with the preparation of asset for disposal
- Maintain an asset document filling system
How to Submit an Application
Submit your application for the Assistant Administration Officer vacancy at the Department of Public Works via post to: The Director-General, Department of Public Works, Private Bag X65, Pretoria 0001 or Central Government Offices Building, Corner of Vermeulen (Madiba) and Bosman Streets, Pretoria.
For attention: Ms NP Mudau
Make sure your application contain the following important materials:
- Z83 application form, on which the reference number should be quoted
- A comprehensive CV
- Recently certified copies of ID, qualifications and driver’s license
- SAQA evaluation report of any foreign qualification should you have any
Forward them before November 23, 2018 at 16:00. Individuals with disabilities are welcome to submit their application. No late, incomplete, emailed and faxed submission will be taken into consideration. If you have not heard from the Department of Public Works within the next months, please take it to mean your application as unsuccessful.
All appointments will be subject to a security clearance as well as verification of qualifications.
Should you need further details, please inform: Mr T Mamabolo, Tel No. 012 406 2120.