Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Potential candidates who want to work at Petra Diamonds Limited can fill in the vacant position of Fixed Term Contract Mechanicians as a part of apprenticeship 2019 offers. This position is taking place in Koffiefontein, Free State, and the candidates can take a role of a technical position in the company.
About the Program
Petra Diamonds Limited is one of the biggest rough diamonds suppliers in the world. It is also one of the world’s biggest independent diamonds groups (by resource). They are now looking for a potential candidate that outshines the others.
Their Koffiefontein Diamond Mine is located in Koffiefontein which is 100 kilometers away from Kimberley and 136 kilometers away from Bloemfontein. They are looking for a skilled and certified expert who will be responsible for the maintenance, installation, repair, and fault finding in the instrumentation and control discipline.
The responsibilities and tasks of the apprenticeship 2019 positions are:
- To conduct and perform fault finding within the control systems in the fastest time possible, and then report on fault and direct the diagnosis of the problem
- To calibrate the instruments to make sure of quality end product
- To perform risk assessment
- To perform alarm checks and trip
- To perform and check inspections along the Manufacturing and Company Standards and also Mine Health and Safety Act Regulations
- To be responsible for the radiation and X-ray maintenance equipment
- The candidates must have N2 National Certificate
- They must have at least Grade 10
- They must have Instrument Mechanician Trade Certificate gained through a recognized or reputable apprenticeship institution
- They must have 3 years of post Apprenticeship or Qualification experience as Instrument Mechanician
- They must have a valid driver’s license
How to Apply
Interested candidates are expected to download the application form at this link and provide the supporting documents with the application. The supporting documents for this apprenticeship 2019 include:
- A resume
- A certified copy of ID document
- Certified copies of qualifications and academic records
- (and other supporting documents that may be required later on)
Those documents and the application form should be sent to [email protected]. Be advised that the application should be complete. Any incomplete documentation or a wrong email address would lead to the application not be considered – and be rejected in the end.
Preferences would be given to candidates within the designated groups that go along with the Employment Equity Policy and Plan from the company. Be advised that the process would include security and medical clearance, profile testing, and pre-screening procedures as a part of the selection and recruitment process. Another preference is given to candidates living in Letsemeng or Xhariep District Municipalities – residential proof is probably requested.
The deadline is on November the 10th 2019. Be advised that late application won’t be considered. Candidates who haven’t heard anything from the company within 30 days after the deadline should consider their application to be unsuccessful.
Petra Diamonds has never required any payment form during the recruitment process. If you encounter such an issue, please report it right away to 0800 007 247 (toll free), +27 31 5715573 (phone call), +27 31 560 7395 (fax), [email protected], or KZ 138, Umhlanga Rocks, 4320 for this apprenticeship 2019.