Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
South African students who lack financial means to pursue their tertiary qualification now can apply for the Alfred Nzo District bursary 2019. This bursary targets at anyone over 16 and under 35 who wish to pursue undergraduate degree. Disadvantaged students will receive preference.
The District Municipality of Alfred Nzo is situated on the north-east side of the Eastern Cape Province. It falls within the six district within the Province. This municipality expands from Drakensberg Mountains, to the borders of Sisonke District municipality, Lesotho and Tambo District municipality. The Alfred Nzo District Municipality is named after a secretary-general of the African National Congress, Alfred Baphethuzolo Nzo who was also a minister of foreign affairs in Nelson Mandela’s cabinet from 1994 to 1999.
The Alfred Nzo District bursary 2019 is now open for applications. Students who wish to attend one of the following program studies can apply:
- Chemical engineering
- Mechanical engineering
- Civil engineering or building engineering
- Metallurgical engineering
- Town and regional planning
- Marine engineering
- Environmental management
- Environmental and water science (BSc)
- Environmental health management
- Geology (BSc)
- Geographic information system
- Radiography (bachelor of)
- Water resource management (BSc)
- Community water services and sanitation (BSc)
- Information communication technology
- Computer science (BSc)
- Medicine (MBCHB)
- Other qualifications related to water and sanitation
Qualified students will be contacted by January 31, 2019 at the latest. In case you don’t receive any information, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Applicants must meet all these requirements in order to be eligible:
- Have excellence academic record
- Be South African citizens residing in the Alfred Nzo jurisdiction area
- Must be between 16 years of age and 35 years old
- Must be current matric student or have completed matric
- Proven financial need
- Intend on studying at a recognised tertiary institute in South Africa in one of the aforementioned fields of study
Interested candidates must commence their application for Alfred Nzo District bursary 2019 online by filling out this application form. Please attach these supporting materials along with the completed application form. if any of these items are missing, your submission will not be taken into consideration.
- Certified copy of ID document
- Certified copy of matric certificate if you have completed matric
- Certified copy of matric latest results if you are still in matric
- Proof of residence issued by Ward Councillor
- Proof of enrolment or acceptance to study at a university or tertiary institution
- A motivation letter
- Proof of income of parents such as latest payslips or affidavit or death certificate
Please forward your application via post to this address:
The Senior Manager Corporate Services
Alfred Nzo District Municipality
ERF 1400 Ntsizwa Street
Private Bag X 511
Mount Ayliff 4735
Application must be submitted no later than January 11, 2019 at 16:30. All submissions received after this closing date will not be considered. Therefore it is your responsibility as an applicant to ensure well-timed submission.
Should you wish to know more and have any queries, please forward your questions to Ms AN Zibobo at the Human Resource Development Section, via:
- Email: [email protected]
- Tel: 039 254 5112 or 039 254 5125