The Western Cape Government is now hiring for the Administration Clerk vacancy at Department of Agriculture. The successful incumbent will work for the Vet Lab Services revolving around quality control. Please quote the reference number of this post, i.e. AGR 2018-63, within your application form.
Table of Contents
This vacant position offers a level five salary that is worth R 163 563 in value per annum. Candidates are required to have at least a Senior Certificate (Grade 12) or its equivalent qualification in order to be eligible for this position.
Recommendations: prior working experience around LIMS system or Laboratory Information Management System is essential, preferably labware LIMS; having sufficient experience in sample reception in a lab environment.
The Administration Clerk vacancy at Department of Agriculture requires all applicants to be in possession of the following skills and competencies:
- A good understanding of administration procedures
- Good written and verbal communication skills in two or three of the official languages in the Western Cape area
- Proven computer literacy, including MS Office, Outlook, Excel and database
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work with both internal and external clients
- Ability to work accurately and on their own
- Be responsible for assisting and receiving at sample reception office
- Be responsible for receiving biological sample such as faeces, blood, as well as organs from clients
- Be responsible for contacting clients to attain missing information on submission forms
- Be responsible for capturing samples registration information onto the Laboratory Database System or LIMS
- Be responsible for delivering samples to the relevant lab sections
- Be responsible for coordinating courier services for referral of samples to different labs
- Be responsible for helping with the updating of client information on the Laboratory Database System or LIMS
- Be responsible for assisting with the creation of new client records on the LIMS system
How to Apply
Interested candidates must submit their application for the Administration Clerk vacancy at Department of Agriculture online here. Note that, only online applications will be taken into account by the Department of Agriculture.
It is your responsibility as an applicant to ensure that you submit your application no later than December 10, 2018. This also applies to applications submitted in any way other than online via the aforementioned application portal.
Applicants who have been deemed shortlisted will later be subjected to a technical exercise which aims to test relevant technical elements of the open position, the logistics of which will be informed by the hiring department.
Following the technical exercise as well as the interview, the selection panel will recommend applicants to undergo a generic managerial competency assessment (in line with the DPSA directive on the application of competency based evaluation).
In case you encounter any difficulties when submitting your online application, technical support is always available from 8:00 until 16:00 from Monday to Friday. Helpline is also available: 0861 370 202
For further information regarding the Administration Clerk vacancy at Department of Agriculture, please contact: Mr F Dreyer at (021) 887 0324