Since the world attacked by COVID-19 and many employees lost their jobs, SASSA provide a relief for this case. SASSA as a part of the South African Government offers social relief of distress (SRD) in the “grant” form. Every unemployment South African will receive about R350 monthly grant with some requirements.
R350 Unemployment Grant Requirements
If you are one of the unemployees who didn’t receive this grant, you have about one month in October 2020 to receive this social grant. Here are the requirements:
- Applicants should be South African Citizens, Permanent Residents as well as refugees registered in Home Affairs office;
- Applicants could be people reside within the borders of the Republic of South Africa (RSA);
- Applicants must be above 18 years old;
- Applicants must be unemployed;
- Applicants really did not receive any income;
- Applicants didn’t receive any social grant;
- Applicants are not receiving any unemployment insurance fund;
- Applicant are not receiving any financial aid scheme or stipend from the government;
- Applicants are not resident in a government funded as well as subsidised institution.
Some information required by governtment to apply R350 unemployment grant:
- Your ID Number;
- Your first and last name printed in ID (and your initials);
- Your gender and disability status;
- Your bank name with account number;
- Your cellular phone number; and
- Your proof of complete residential address.
Unemployment Grant Application
Further additional information can be accessed at: https://www.gov.za/covid-19/individuals-and-households/social-grants-coronavirus-covid-19
SASSA R350 Grant Application Status Check
To check your SASSA R350 Grant Application status, you can use this page.