Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
South African students who wish to pursue a higher education towards an Actuarial Science qualification are encouraged to apply for the South African Actuaries Development bursary program. This award is aimed for candidates who have strong academic qualifications and cannot afford to pay for the financial obligations. Regardless if you are still in Matric or already studying as a university student, you are still eligible to apply.
South African Actuaries Development Program was established because the South African economy has very little black actuarial skills. It was founded in 2003 and as of today it has produced over 200 Actuarial Science graduates. The South African Actuaries Development bursary program is reserved for students with outstanding academic records and wish to study or are currently studying towards an Actuarial Science qualification. This award can be renewed depending on students’ academic performance. The bursary includes tuition fees, accommodation in residence, prescribed textbooks, a living allowance as well as meals. Furthermore, the qualified students will also receive mentorship, social and academic support from full time program Managers situated at the host universities as well as additional tutorials.
All shortlisted applicants will be subjected to an interview. However, all applicants will receive proper acknowledgment from the South African Actuaries Development Program.
In order to be eligible, students must fulfil all the following entrance requirements below. Failure in completing these criteria will lead to your application not being accepted.
Grade 12/Matric applicants:
- Have a strong academic record
- Must be a current Matric student
- Must be interested in studying Actuarial Science
- Must have achieved at least 80% or level 7 for English, Physical Science as well as Maths (not mathematical literacy)
- Must be a current university student who is studying towards an Actuarial Science qualification
- Must have achieved an excellent academic results for your 1st/2nd/3rd year of study
- Must be a student at one of these institutes: University of the Witwatersrand, University of Pretoria, University of Cape Town
- Must be from a previously disadvantaged background
- If you are not a current student from the aforementioned universities, you must have applied and been accepted in Actuarial Science program at one of those universities
How to Apply
Students can commence their application for the South African Actuaries Development bursary program by downloading and completing the application form.
Additionally, applicants must also submit clear copies of the supporting documents below. Note that, submission of these documents is mandatory. Any missing items will result in your application not being considered.
Grade 12/matric students:
- Certified copy of ID document
- A photo (passport size)
- Certified copy of grade 11 end of year results
- Certified copy of grade 12 mid-year results
- Results of national benchmark tests. This should be submitted no later than August 31st 2018 via facsimile at 011 486 1859 / 086 635 2372
- Latest academic record
- Certified copy of ID document
Please submit your application via email to email@example.com with the subject line: SAADP Bursary Application – your full name. Faxed application will not be considered.
The closing date is on August 31, 2018 and no late application will be accepted.
For more information, please contact the South African Actuaries Development Program directly:
Fax: 011 486 1859 / 086 635 2372
Tel: 011 642 2202