Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
South African youths who have shown excellent academic performance and wish to pursue tertiary qualification are encouraged to apply for the SIOC Community Development Trust Bursary 2019. This funding program aims to help outstanding students who have no financial means to attend their tertiary studies. If you are one of them, submit your application today!
The SIOC which is short for Sishen Iron Ore Company- Community Development Trust was established by Kumba Iron Ore Limited back in 2006. The program was founded in order to invest in developing the communities in which the company operates. Since the funding program was implemented, it has successfully provided over 550 awards to high achieving and deserving underprivileged students in its beneficiary communities, to finish their studies at higher education institutions across South Africa.
The new SIOC Community Development Trust Bursary 2019 is open for students who wish to attend one of the following fields of study:
- Engineering Science
Qualified candidates will be granted a full value bursary award along with prescribed books, assistive devices as well as accommodation. The successful applicants will also receive continuous support to ensure welfare and high academic performance.
Interested candidates must fulfill the following minimum eligibility criteria prior to submitting an application. Note that, failure to meet all the criteria below will result in your application being denied.
- Must be South African citizens who are currently in Matric and no older than 35 years old
- Have a disability
- Have proven financial need which must be based on household income
- Must have been accepted to study at a recognised pubic university or College or University of Technology in South Africa
- Must intend on studying in one of the above programs
- Must have achieved at least overall average of 65% on their latest academic results
To apply for the SIOC Community Development Trust Bursary 2019, candidates must fill out the application form.
Please include the following supporting documents along with the application form. Please ensure all of these items are attached within your application otherwise it will not be accepted.
- Certified copy of ID document as well as matric June results
- Proof of acceptance to study at a public tertiary institution
- A motivational letter to support your application (one page max.)
- Medical note justifying the type of disability
- Proof of residence such as statement of water and lights or rates account
- Parents or guardians proof of income such as the latest payslips if employed or affidavit if unemployed
Submit all of the aforementioned documents along with the mandatory application form before December 14, 2018 via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or, alternatively, you can also forward via post to:
Mr Innocent Makoti
PO Box 30632
Or, hand deliver to:
-SIOC-cdt Office Park
Cnr Hendrick Van Eck and Ian Flemming Roads
–GT-cdt office Park
11 Jourdan Street
In case you need further information, please refer to: Mr Innocent Makoti
Email: email@example.com or tel: 053 723 1479