Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
The Department of Justice and Constitutional Development is now hiring for the Senior Court Interpreter vacancy at Magistrate’s Office, Frankfort. Candidates with legal interpreting knowledge and/or experience are encouraged to apply! If you have proficiency in English and two or more indigenous languages, submit your application because this position will definitely put those skills to good use.
This Senior Court Interpreter position offers an attractive salary with amount ranging from R242 475 to R 285 630 annually. In order to be eligible, all candidates must fulfil the minimum requirement which is to hold an NQF level 4 or Grade 12 certificate. It will be advantageous as well if you are in possession of a national diploma in Legal Interpreting/ any other relevant tertiary qualification at NQFL 5. Qualified incumbent must be willing to be stationed in Frankfort.
The Senior Court Interpreter vacancy at Magistrate’s Office, Frankfort also requires all applicants to have excellent command in the English language along with two or more indigenous language (Frankfort: IsiXhoa, Sesotho, Afrikaans, English and IsiZulu). Having a three year practical experience in the relevant field is also required. Additionally, being in possession of a valid (motor vehicle) driver’s license would serve as a bonus.
Required knowledge and skills
- Knowledge of legislation that governs confidentiality and transparency in the Public Service (Act 2 of 2000) as stipulated
- Well-developed communication skills
- Interpersonal relations
- Listening skills
- Problem solving, organising, planning and analytical thinking skills
- Time management ability
- Ability to perform under pressure
Key performance areas
- Be responsible for interpreting in court of Law Civil as well as Criminal matters
- Enter criminal cases in the criminal register or record book
- Interpret in small claims courts
- Interpret in pre-trial consultations and proceedings
- Be responsible for rendering consecutive interpretation from source to target language during consultation, pre-trial, court proceedings, quasi as well as judicial
- Be responsible for interpreting non-verbal gesture, confessions and dramatization
- Make sure that subordinates conclude performance agreements
- Give feedback to court interpreters and review performance
- Monitor, collect, calculate, interpret register and compile statistics
- Make arrangements for foreign language interpreters in consultation with the Prosecutor
- Render a variety of routine interpreting duties relevant to the core function within the department
- Attend all other duties that can be assigned to you from time to time as well as assist with the needed administrative duties
How to Submit an Application
The successful incumbent will later be required to sign a performance agreement. Please submit your application for the Senior Court Interpreter vacancy at Magistrate’s Office, Frankfort no later than November 26, 2018 otherwise it will be disregarded. Attach the following important materials:
- Z83 application form
- A detailed resume
- Original certified copies of ID, qualifications and a valid driver’s license
- An evaluation report issued by SAQA if you have foreign qualifications
Direct all of the above documents via post to: The Regional Head, Private Bag X20578, Bloemfontein, 9300
You can also hand deliver it at: 53 Colonial Building, Charlotte Maxeke Street, Bloemfontein, 9300.
If no correspondence is made in three months after the deadline, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
For more questions, please refer to: Ms NM Dywili @ 051 407 1800