Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Do you have a passion for a career in language? Then you might want to consider applying for the Senior Court Interpreter vacancy at Magistrate’s Office Bloemfontein. The Department of Justice and Constitutional Development is looking for a suitable candidate to fill in the vacant Senior Court Interpreter at a Magistrate’s Office (Bloemfontein Cluster). If you have what it takes to be qualified, apply today!
Please mention the reference number of this post, 19/27/FS, within your application form. The qualified incumbent will be entitled to a salary amounting from R 242 475 to R 285 630 annually. He/she will also be required to sign a performance agreement. The minimum educational requirement for this position is a Grade 12 certificate. It will be ideal if this qualification is accompanied by a National Diploma in Legal Interpreting or any other relevant qualification at NQF level five. Candidates must also possess proficiency in two or more indigenous languages along with three years of practical experience. Should you have a valid motor vehicle’s driver’s license then it would be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of legislation that governs confidentiality and transparency in the Public Service (Act 2of 2000) as amended
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Interpersonal relations
- Problem solving skills
- Organising and planning skills
- Analytical thinking
- Time management
- Language proficiency in English, Afrikaans, sign language and Sesotho
The Senior Court Interpreter vacancy at Magistrate’s Office Bloemfontein comes with the following duties:
- interpret in court of law Civil and Criminal matters
- enter criminal cases in the criminal record book or register
- interpret in small claims courts
- interpret in pre-trial consultations and proceeding
- consecutive interpretation from source to target language during court proceedings, consultations, pre-trial and judicial
- interpret non-verbal gesture, confessions and dramatization
- make sure that subordinates conclude performance agreements
- review performance and provide feedback to Court Interpreters
- monitor, collect and interpret register
- compile and calculate statistics
- make arrangements for foreign language interpreters in consultation with the prosecutor
- render various routine interpreting duties relevant to the core function of the department
How and When to Apply
Your application must be directed no later than March 18, 2019 via post to: The Regional Head, Private Bag X20578, Bloemfontein, 9300
Or, via hand delivery at: 53 Colonial Building, Charlotte Maxeke Street, Bloemfontein, 9300.
Include the following documents within your application:
- z83 application form
- a comprehensive resume
- original certified copy of qualifications, ID and valid driver’s license (if any)
The hiring department intends to promote equality in the work place by taking into account the goals of section 195 (1) (i) of the Constitution of South Africa, 1996 (Act No: 108 of 1996), the Employment Equity laws as stipulated by the Employment Equity Act, 1998 (Act No: 55 of 1998) along with relevant Human Resources policies of the employing department.
Correspondence for the Senior Court Interpreter vacancy at Magistrate’s Office Bloemfontein will be limited to shortlisted applicants only. If you haven’t received any notifications in three months, please assume your application as unsuccessful.
For more information, please refer to: Ms NM Dywili @ (051) 407 1800